Targeting 6/12 or 6/14 release date for 0.9!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Thumper's Evil Twin

Post by Thumper's Evil Twin »

chrisgeleven wrote:With the theme change, is the release of 0.9 being delayed until the theme is in a more polished state?

Somehow I think Ben was aware of the state of the theme when posting this thread.

- Chris
rmjb

Post by rmjb »

There's a theme change?

As to the memory, I don't think you'll get much improvement. After a full day and using 100 megs is typical because an plugins you use in the day (flash, wmp, quicktime, java) stay loaded until you close your browser, and they contribute to your memory usage.

I'm glad to hear 0.9 is just days away. Sorry to see mozillaZine is under so much strain tho... and 0.9 isn't even out yet.

- rmjb
Greg K Nicholson

Post by Greg K Nicholson »

This is where filesharing software (such as the newly-GPLed Shareaza) will become invaluable.
kainashi

Post by kainashi »

hopefully some torrents and stuff are made. i need mozillazine tomorrow. ;_;
jooliaan

Post by jooliaan »

So... tomorrow will be 6/14 and we don't know yet if Firefox 0.9 will be really released on 6/14 or not :cry:
Sqeakie

Post by Sqeakie »

I am hoping for a better FF in the next version. Hope it comes out soon enough...
If you have read this message, it has already served its purpose.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Just as a reminder, if the servers go down with the release of 0.9, you can get extensions and ask questions on my mirror: www.extensionsmirror.nl
aldo

Post by aldo »

Are we still on track - we've missed 12 but are we ready for tommorrow? I'm sure a lot of work is being done if we are.
Sqeakie

Post by Sqeakie »

Hope it fixes some display problems that FF has right now...
If you have read this message, it has already served its purpose.
TheDormouse

Post by TheDormouse »

Whoever at Mozilla submits the "Firefox 0.9 is out" story to Slashdot needs to make sure to put a bittorrent link in the actual story. Having the link in the story instead of way down in some random post would save Mozilla.org a lot of bandwidth.
Fluoroalien

Post by Fluoroalien »

^
|

Good point well made :)
Aqua.

Post by Aqua. »

When 0.9 comes out I'll be hosting it as a http download at http://mozilla.triplehelix.info/

Like I did for Firefox 0.8 and Thunderbird 0.6, I'll be hosting the official windows build, mac build, and the other main builds.

However, I'm not going to waste my time mirroring the contrib builds this time around. The main stuff gets downloaded thousands of times, but the contrib stuff only got 2 downloads for 6 contrib builds.

Once the optimized builds start appearing, I'll put some of those up.

P.S. Just timed it, it takes 25 seconds to snag a 0.9rc build from my server over broadband.
Last edited by Aqua. on June 14th, 2004, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a three legged squirrel
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

TheDormouse wrote:Whoever at Mozilla submits the "Firefox 0.9 is out" story to Slashdot

I'm sure Mozilla folks will submit it as well, but for the past few releases, their submissions have been rejected. Generally a whole bunch of random people submit the story, and the Slashdot editors pick one out. They have a habit of picking out the submissions with mistakes and stuff too...

But still, if anyone reading here submits it, it'd be good to include the torrent link... If not, someone can submit the links in a comment, which will probably get modded up...
wget

Post by wget »

TheDormouse wrote:Whoever at Mozilla submits the "Firefox 0.9 is out" story to Slashdot needs to make sure to put a bittorrent link in the actual story.

I can guarantee that this won't happen. The submission that they pick will be the one with the most MS slurs.

It'll probably also be the one with the highest amount of links in it. Slashdot sure likes to link every word.
Warduke

Post by Warduke »

Ben Goodger posted in another thread today...

I still haven't checked in the version string change.... or one or two other last minute goodies... so it's not going to be until tonight PDT.