"My Yahoo is experiencing some technical difficulties"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Riverdale

"My Yahoo is experiencing some technical difficulties"

Post by Riverdale »

Hello:

I am having a problem when I try to load my home page, which is a "My Yahoo" home page. In my main MAC user account everything works fine. However, I just logged in to my kid's account, and when I access my home page, I get the following error:

My Yahoo is experiencing some technical difficulties. Click OK to reload your page.

I can see my page in the background, although it is somewhat "greyed out". If I click OK once I get the same message, if I click it again I get a "400 Bad Request" page.

I cleared the cache and restarted FF and my computer but I still get the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

p.s. I am using Leopard 10.5.6 and FF 3.0.6
kindofabuzz

Re: "My Yahoo is experiencing some technical difficulties"

Post by kindofabuzz »

Umm, probably because yahoo is "experiencing some technical difficulties"? things happen on web servers.
Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Try safe mode http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode This will turn off the extensions and themes. If that works post a list of the extension and someone might see something.

Also, if you are using a content blocker you might want to turn that off briefly and see if Yahoo works.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Post by Guest »

kindofabuzz wrote:Umm, probably because yahoo is "experiencing some technical difficulties"? things happen on web servers.

Absolutely, but that doesn't explain why it works from one account and not the other.

I will try the practical advice given by loudnoise.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

OK, I tried launching in safe mode and I still have the same issue.

I do not have any content blockers on.

From the problem account, I tried accessing "My Yahoo" via Safari and that works fine so it looks like the problem is FF related.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
SK.

Post by SK. »

Try clearing your cache and Yahoo-related cookies.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
jtrollin

Post by jtrollin »

I am having the same problem. If I turn off javascript in firefox all works well, but when I have javascript turned on lots of websites break. Those same websites work just fine under a different profile on the same mac. Safari works fine for all the sites. It is almost as the js library or js engine is messed up on my wife's account and not mine. Is there anywhere to look for errors like this?
Andie

Post by Andie »

Just curious, are you running accounts with Parental Control? I had the same issue, and when I disabled the Parental Controls, everything went back to normal.

Post by Guest »

I get it too. First time 10 days ago. Second time today. At first I was afraid of an infection, but MBAM and ESET found nothing. Here's what it looks like. I can't believe that Yahoo would actually use something like this an tell you to click a button. Very Trojan-like.