[ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
haselnuss

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Post by haselnuss »

bolidew wrote:
haselnuss wrote:What do you think about this automated scrolling?

Has this been changed in the new version - ScrapBook+ 1.4.5.15 ?

No. Why do you ask?
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

ScrapBook+ 1.4.6.16 has been released:

improved features
  • improved compatibility with MultiSidebar 0.2.1
fixed bugs
  • links with content type text/rtf and text/ical cannot be captured
  • the first and second menuitem in ScrapBook+ menu are not displayed properly when using Tiny Menu and Personal Menu
  • the word ScrapBook in the capture window has been replaced by ScrapBook+
  • minor problems with the GUI of ScrapBook+
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Version 1.5.7.17 is available.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Version 1.6.7.18 is available.
SeaLion

Post by SeaLion »

haselnuss wrote:Interfering or not?

If you want to download many web sites, ScrapBook+ stores the URLs of this sites in a list. When the download of a web site starts, the list is scrolled to the entry of this website automatically. I don't like this behaviour as it makes it necessary to pause the download in order to unselect undesired web sites.

What do you think about this automated scrolling?

haselnuss, that is THE 'problem' for me in Scrapbook. Besides "In-Depth Capture", there should be something to limit by domain for instance, editable - *easymoney.com .
"In-Depth Capture" would then only apply to links outside the domain.

I hope i'm not complicating things.
Cheers
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Version 1.6.8.19 is available.

@SeaLion:
You want the possibility to exclude domains. Right?
The automatic scrolling has been turned off in version 1.5.7.17 and above.
SeaLion

Post by SeaLion »

Well then, seems like i have to try your version!
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

You won't regret it. If you do not want to register on AMO, write an email requesting the most up to date version ;)
SeaLion

Post by SeaLion »

I tried it. First thing i noticed so far, if i abort it, it still saves the page i'm seeing. Same thing with the original.

Next is the same with the original as well. A new user gets a bit confused (well i did) with the in depth to follow links. In my case, i want(ed) to download a website, say searchlores.org . This website is a maze, and i have no idea how many links it has in depth.

I think you could put a comment there, or when you open the dialog for >3 links, like
(max. 99)
Or even change it to a box with 2 digits. I don't know.. something like that.

While i'm here, and mostly out of curiosity, is there a reason why we can't just override any depth, and just go with the filter, only stopping when no more links apply? Is it performance?
I'm sorry if this is a lame question, i'm not a programmer.

Cheers
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

SeaLion wrote:I tried it. First thing i noticed so far, if i abort it, it still saves the page i'm seeing. Same thing with the original.

That's how ScrapBook(+) works. It is not perfect. But that's it for the moment. Sorry.
SeaLion wrote:Next is the same with the original as well. A new user gets a bit confused (well i did) with the in depth to follow links. In my case, i want(ed) to download a website, say searchlores.org . This website is a maze, and i have no idea how many links it has in depth.

I think you could put a comment there, or when you open the dialog for >3 links, like
(max. 99)
Or even change it to a box with 2 digits. I don't know.. something like that.

Good point. I hope to find a solution for one of the next versions.
SeaLion wrote:While i'm here, and mostly out of curiosity, is there a reason why we can't just override any depth, and just go with the filter, only stopping when no more links apply? Is it performance?
I'm sorry if this is a lame question, i'm not a programmer.

At the moment, it is not possible to interrupt a process. I already noticed, that this is a disadvantage, but could not find a way to change this behavior.
smw6230

Post by smw6230 »

haselnuss, a question or a request.

First I love your version of the addon. Secondly I'd been trying to figure out how to clone the behavior of the navigation bar button to the statusbar button. As it is now a right or left click on the Scrapbook statusbar icon bring up the 'Edit before Capture' popup and a middle click opens the sidebar. What I want to do is modify the button so that right clock opens 'Edit before Capture', left click opens the sidebar, and middle click opens the 'Manage' window.

Is there any way that I can do that?
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

You have to open overlay.xul and search for the statusbarpanel at the bottom of the file. Change the line behind the onclick statement as you need.
bolidew

Post by bolidew »

Is it possible to add an option to capture webpages as screenshots? That would be a major improvement!

There are some add-ons around for taking screenshots, like Screengrab (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146 ), Pearl Crescent Page Saver (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10367 ), etc. But it would be wonderful to have screenshots placed inside Scrapbooks with more info like time-of-capture and URL.

Thanks!
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

It is possible. But not in the near future. New features would increase the risk to have new errors in the source code. And this would be a disadvantage in the process of getting SB+ outside the sandbox on AMO.
SeaLion

Post by SeaLion »

Can anyone get page 1 and 2 of this article?
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/a ... munist.htm
I feel really dumb by asking this, but i just don't get it. I tried SB and SB+. Is javascript in the way?