Thunderbird 0.7 Release Candidate Now Available For Testing

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

redmars wrote:I installed the extension "Show old extensions",

Where did you find the extension for old extensions?

Jaska
Duodave

Post by Duodave »

I installed the 0.7 RC and I had the offline problem, which I fixed by re-installing it. But I cant get any extensions or themes to work. Ideas?

-dave
-dave
jim_k

Post by jim_k »

This build has been fine on Linux (Fedora Core 2).

Will the feature described in <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216133">Bug 216133</a> be in Thunderbird 0.7?
Dux

Some problems I encounter

Post by Dux »

Hello mscott,

I'm using the 0.7RC (zip) on W2K and have the following remarks:

- When starting up right after the install the Work Online window pops-up twice. In the Offline settings I checked "Ask me for Online state at startup". Next time I start up just once (normal)
- When composing the first message after starting up (always), I see the outline of a window over the main window before the compose windows is shown. Closing this compose window asks to save as a draft although nothing is entered.
- The Install button on the new Theme window has a tooltip saying: "Install an extension".

Cheers,
Dux
cellocgw

Post by cellocgw »

I installed the new T-bird on OS X 10.3.4 (flat panel 17 inch iMac if that matters), and immediately dumped it because it didn't import all my settings, filters, address books, etc. I'm happy to say that the new FireFox imported everything just fine.
But heck, I can't even figure out why Thunderbird should HAVE to import anything! Why can't two applications (i.e. oldTbird and newTbird) be pointed at exactly the same set of folders and documents for their settings and mail files?
mscott

Post by mscott »

They should be looking at exactly the same set of folders & stuff.

The profile directory for thunderbird did not change at all between 0.6 and 0.7.

What was teh last build you used before testing 0.7RC? 0.6? or a 0.7 nightly?
Thunderbirds are Go!
peaveyman

Post by peaveyman »

mscott,

Is there a way to import mail or address books from a Thunderbird profile? I see import under Tools, but all it gives me to select from is Netscape, Eudora, Outlook, and Outlook Express. I would like to set up a new profile for Thunderbird, but want to be sure I can get my mail and settings from the old profile first.
mscott

Post by mscott »

not yet.

You have to copy stuff over like you would if you were importing a seamonkey profile. See the help site for details.
Thunderbirds are Go!
humpton

Post by humpton »

Just thought I'd share that I've had none of the issues listed above. I'm on Windows XP, but have never installed a theme or extension. It picked up my profile no problems and everything looks as nice as it ever did.

Thanks mscott! GREAT job.

Oh Yeah! I'm very excited about that Identity Manager, I have a number of identies I haven't added because I get confused editing that file...

Stay JOLLY!
H
I got nothing clever to put here :(
jystickman

Post by jystickman »

mscott wrote:They should be looking at exactly the same set of folders & stuff.

The profile directory for thunderbird did not change at all between 0.6 and 0.7.

What was teh last build you used before testing 0.7RC? 0.6? or a 0.7 nightly?

0.6 used ~/Library/Thunderbird

The 0.7 RC seems to use ~/Library/Application Support/Thunderbird

MacOS 10.3.4

I have two completely separate profiles now.
mscott

Post by mscott »

0.7 final has a fix for this issue. If you used the RC on OS X you will have to delete the new profile folder the RC created for 0.7 final to find your old one:

Delete the folder:
~/Library/Application Support/Thunderbird

of course you have to wait till 0.7 is released first
Thunderbirds are Go!
askwar

Post by askwar »

Is <a title="[Bug 245499] Need to alter junk plugin training data write policy and/or cancel Start/EndBatch calls" href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=245499">Bug 245499</a> fixed in 0.7rc?
mscott

Post by mscott »

that bug problem was never in the 1.7 branch. 1.8 only. So no the fix i not in .7 rc because the problem wasn't in .7
Thunderbirds are Go!
askwar

Post by askwar »

Ah, okay. Thanks.
sparkyz

Post by sparkyz »

Anyone else having a problem running filters on this RC? I'm on a mac, and i copied all of my filters over, and they don't seem to be working. Even a newly created filter isn't running and "filtering" the inbox.

Any ideas?