plugins.css has moved

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Steffen

plugins.css has moved

Post by Steffen »

Bug 243387 changed the location of plugins.css from chrome://communicator/skin/plugins.css to chrome://global/skin/plugins.css (because we don't ship most of comm.jar anymore). The fix for that bug still needs trunk checkin, but 0.9 shipped with the changes.

In classic.jar, plugins.css was packed into skin/classic/communicator. That changed to skin/classic/global. You should do the same and move the file from communicator to global.

plugins.css is used for about:plugins.
aaron

Post by aaron »

Thanks Steffen. This kind of stuff is the reason that I think there needs to be a Themer's Newsletter. It could be sent out once a week with modifications to themes as you posted above for Firefox, Thunderbird and Mozilla Suite themes. I know that I'd subscribe in a heartbeat!
Alfred Kayser

Post by Alfred Kayser »

Note: this change is only for FF and TB but not for the Suite.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

I should've been more clear. The two patches for bug 243387 were checked in on the aviary branch, from which Firefox 0.9 has already shipped and releases up to 1.0 will ship as well. It has not and will not be checked in on the Mozilla 1.7 branch. 1.7 will not be affected by this. TB doesn't use this AFAIK (where would it display about:plugins).

But it will affect the Suite, starting with 1.8, once bug 243387 is checked in on the trunk.
R A F

Post by R A F »

Thanks, Steffen.

Is there any way we could be notified or where we could check a site or file? Echoing aaron...
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Ask bonsai. Regarding Firefox, the new default theme lives in
  • mozilla/browser/themes and
  • mozilla/toolkit/themes.
Mostly, that is. mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/theme-fixup/jar.mn names additional files. These are currently in
  • mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/extensions/skin,
  • mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/update/skin,
  • mozilla/toolkit/shared/skin, and
  • mozilla/toolkit/xpinstall/skin.
So you can watch checkins to these directories.

Here's a bonsai link for the last week. Click on "Modify Query" to change search parameters and click "Run Query". If you search the last month, you see the complete Winstripe theme landing.

If you just want to see only the changes to .css files, use this query.

If you're interested in Thunderbird or Seamonkey as well, you might want to see changes to all *.css files in the whole tree. Use this query for that.