Thunderbird 0.7 Release Candidate Now Available For Testing

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
loec01

no home address in vcard

Post by loec01 »

When editing the vcard in Tools-AccountSettings-Edit vCard, the home address portion is not shown!
[BISI]

Post by [BISI] »

That is probably the 0.7 final, because mscott has already changed the branch version number to 0.7+! Get it while it's hot. ;>

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/t ... eases/0.7/
I like chickens. Lots of them. Every day.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Jaska wrote:
redmars wrote:I installed the extension "Show old extensions",

Where did you find the extension for old extensions?

Jaska

http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/
jcraig

Post by jcraig »

sixshot,

your training.dat file is in your profile folder, separate from the app folder.
There is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact, it's all dark.
croto

Post by croto »

mscott wrote:0.7 final has a fix for this issue. If you used the RC on OS X you will have to delete the new profile folder the RC created for 0.7 final to find your old one:

Delete the folder:
~/Library/Application Support/Thunderbird

of course you have to wait till 0.7 is released first

When Thunderbird created from AVIARY_1_0_20040515_BRANCH yesterday was started, the wizard of account creation came out.
It was late although it ended immediately since the disagreeable premonition carried out.
And the existing profile was automatic and was cleared. :-(
This is very bad!!!

It cannot be used if there is instability which resembled such trunk by the brunch which should be stabilized gradually.
It desires to be also able to test the stable version brunch in comfort as well as the quality of a release version.
Waldo

Post by Waldo »

sasquatch wrote:
Waldo wrote:Disk space for email is cheap...I've got a folder called Junk where I've stored all my junk emails since I started TB. I simply start up a new version, mark 'em as junk, and then enter a few of my larger folders (that also happen to be most quickly filled) and mark the stuff in them as not junk. Bam, filter mostly trained.

How do you do that? It is ALREADY marked as not junk, isn't it? You can't re-mark it, can you?

The filter is only trained when the messages are marked as Junk, so I just unmark and then re-mark. If training.dat's format changes or I need to wipe much of the profile, this lets me retrain it with minimal effort.
mozbob

Post by mozbob »

neoufo51 wrote:
Jubijub wrote:MScott : are you going to check in http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30057 in the branch any time soon ?

I think its too late in the game for them to push this GREAT enhancement into 0.7 and I think Scott said this would go into 0.8.

By the way, A BIG thanks to David Bienvenu for this enhancement as its working great for me in the latest nightly. I absolutely love this, and its working without a hitch. Only flaw I could see is that the accounts options screen may be a little confusing to new users if they choose the global inbox option.

What build are you using? and is it otherwise stable, good, nice, etc.? This "bug" is the only thing keeping me on Outlook. I say "bug" in quotes because apparently some like having 8 separate sets of folders for 8 pop3 accounts. I guess that is why we have so many options and so many flavors of open source software... to each his/her own...
PhoenixNostalgia

Post by PhoenixNostalgia »

Latest trunk build. Check it out for yourself. Very stable for me.
mozbob

Post by mozbob »

neoufo51 wrote:Latest trunk build. Check it out for yourself. Very stable for me.

Thanks!
Recovering IE user
synack

Seems buggy with IMAP accounts

Post by synack »

I've been having a lot of problems with my IMAP accounts in 0.7. First of all, if the remote server disconnects me for lack of activity, TB doesn't reconnect. The bolding for new messages doesn't update correctly if I make changes to the account via another client and it doing strange things with the delete vs purge stuff. I also have an old folder stuck in the trash can even though I told it to delete. (And, even when it didn't delete, I went into the server and deleted it manually. It's still showing in my trash can, though.)

Bottom line is that I think 0.7 needs some work before it's released as 1.0.
yin

Post by yin »

I won't use thunderbird until it has a global inbox. I have a few email accounts. I cannot afford to check each of their inbox individually. It is so surprised to see that thunderbird has such sophisticated function such as multiple identity while does not have a global inbox which is already a common feature in most of email client software.
hansen

Post by hansen »

yin: it's already in the nightlies - and .8 is coming within days...perhaps a week or two...
bbogart

often hangs when trying to copy messages to sent folder

Post by bbogart »

Hello,

I've been using thunderbird since 0.5 and I've had a continious problem with thunderbird hanging on sent messages, after sending, when copying to the sent folder.

I'm not using an IMAP folder, "sent" messages are stored on my own local send-box. Messages are sent my smtp. This happens to me at least once each 20 messages or so. Once it starts happening it does it for every message I sent until I quit thunderbird and restart it. It may be due to the fact that I run thunderbird for days on end.

Waldo wrote:(My problem involved sending IMAP email with attachments. It would usually hang while copying the message to the Sent folder [but it always actually sent properly according to recipients]. As I haven't been able to really reproduce it I haven't filed a bug. [At one point I filed bugs whenever I encountered them, but now I only file ones that are extremely simple to duplicate.])
bbogart

often hangs when trying to copy messages to sent folder

Post by bbogart »

Hello,

I've been using thunderbird since 0.5 and I've had a continious problem with thunderbird hanging on sent messages, after sending, when copying to the sent folder.

I'm not using an IMAP folder, "sent" messages are stored on my own local send-box. Messages are sent my smtp. This happens to me at least once each 20 messages or so. Once it starts happening it does it for every message I sent until I quit thunderbird and restart it. It may be due to the fact that I run thunderbird for days on end.

This has happened consistantly on three different versions of thunderbird, currently using 1.0.7 packaged by ubuntu.

Waldo wrote:(My problem involved sending IMAP email with attachments. It would usually hang while copying the message to the Sent folder [but it always actually sent properly according to recipients]. As I haven't been able to really reproduce it I haven't filed a bug. [At one point I filed bugs whenever I encountered them, but now I only file ones that are extremely simple to duplicate.])
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Whoa... You resurrected a two year old thread?