Mail doesn't mark replied messages

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
seedy

Mail doesn't mark replied messages

Post by seedy »

I've noticed that when I reply to a message Mail doesn't show the icon for that on that message. I'm hoping that it is still marking the messages and that eventually they will show the Reply icon. Is that so? Or is there some reason why it doesn't work that way any more.

I read the post about Threading, not sure if that's the same issue or not.

If there's a way to change the handling by using about:config, I'm game, but haven't figured it out on my own as of yet.

Thanks for any help.
oorwullie

Re: Mail doesn't mark replied messages

Post by oorwullie »

seedy wrote:I've noticed that when I reply to a message Mail doesn't show the icon for that on that message. I'm hoping that it is still marking the messages and that eventually they will show the Reply icon. Is that so? Or is there some reason why it doesn't work that way any more.

I can confirm that, also for Forwarded mail

also wrote:I read the post about Threading, not sure if that's the same issue or not.

What post is that?

btw. you can still display the status of messages by activating the Status column.
SM, TBird & FF trunk nightlies; Win 8.1/Ubuntu; Apache OOo 4
============================================
seedy

Post by seedy »

oorwullie wrote:What post is that?

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1058195

Status only shows read/unread.
oorwullie

Post by oorwullie »

seedy wrote:Status only shows read/unread.

Strange. Status shows Read, New, Replied, Forwarded in my setup. Maybe a difference between builds?
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

No problems with the Status column here either. However, I don't see icons reflecting reply or forward status, neither in nightly trunk builds nor in the current 1.1.15 release candidate (with Gmail IMAP account).
oorwullie

Post by oorwullie »

rsx11m wrote:... I don't see icons reflecting reply or forward status, neither in nightly trunk builds nor in the current 1.1.15 release candidate (with Gmail IMAP account).

I presume they were there once, right? Can't say I noticed their presence or absence before seeing the OPs comments.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Looking at bug 22112, it appears they have never been in the default themes. I'm using Thunderbird in parallel, which changes the icons based on reply and forward status, but I can't really say either if I ever saw those in SeaMonkey... :-k
oorwullie

Post by oorwullie »

It's a useful visual tool, maybe they'll get round to it. I like Thunderbird's ability to add icons, eg. If I forward and reply to a message both icons are displayed. Cool!
seedy

Post by seedy »

rsx11m wrote:Looking at bug 22112, it appears they have never been in the default themes. I'm using Thunderbird in parallel, which changes the icons based on reply and forward status, but I can't really say either if I ever saw those in SeaMonkey... :-k

Thank you rsx11m, that's what it is. Unfortunately the Mostly Crystal theme (which I used for a long time and was used to) is no longer available for Macs, so I've been using the stock theme. IF anyone finds a way to install MC on the new builds for Mac I would be happy to hear about it.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

You are welcome. I'm sure, once the front-end parts are finalized, theme authors will also make their themes work with 2.0, so it's hopefully just a matter of time.
jarnin

Post by jarnin »

Sometimes when I reply to a message, Thunderbird (17.0.4) marks them as replied, and sometimes it doesn't. It's not just a matter of having/not having the swooping arrow that indicates "replied". Even in the status column, the status is "read" but not "replied." Yet I can see the replied message in the sent folder. Just now, I replied to a message and right away it was marked as "replied" and then a few seconds later the arrow disappeared and it changed to "read". Any ideas? Running on Vista, if that makes a difference.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Compact the message folder -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_: ... ng_Folders

And thanks for your comment but you've replied to a thread that's been dead for four years.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.