What gives with CS Lite?

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
wey97

What gives with CS Lite?

Post by wey97 »

This has been one of my favorite extensions for a while

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5207

but I've noticed the block list hasn't been updated in months and the support forum is locked down

http://forum.softwareblaze.com/

Does anyone know the status and are their any other good extensions for cookie management and blacklisting?
I guess this is the price paid for open source :(
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll bitch at you for not just giving him the fish.
Axidos

Re: What gives with CS Lite?

Post by Axidos »

How would Extended Cookie Manager do for a replacement?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1243

Despite the reviews I've had no problems with it. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't have a central blacklist database though, which you might want. Also, it will not work with Tab Mix Plus.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, wey97. The developer is taking a break from CS Lite and CookieSafe support. I don't know what his plans are regarding Fx 3.1 compatibility. As far as I know, it still works fine in Fx 3.0.4. I use CookieSafe. Have you started having any problems with CS Lite?

I'm the person who maintains the block list for blocking tracking cookies. I review any suggestions submitted to http://cookies.softwareblaze.com/Submit_New_Host and add them to the block list if appropriate. I haven't had a worthwhile submission for months.
wey97

Post by wey97 »

I haven't had any problems with CS Lite. I was under the impression the developer kept the black list updated as well. Normally, I would see updates to the black list every couple of weeks so when I didn't see any updates, I just assumed support had been dropped.

I just hope it doesn't break 3.1 :(
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll bitch at you for not just giving him the fish.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

wey97 wrote:I just hope it doesn't break 3.1 :(

Me too.
daTerminehtor

Post by daTerminehtor »

I've had issues with CS Lite since 3.07. Cookies temp allowed (such as banking/hotmail) aren't being removed once the browser is closed/re-opened.

And, as the development of this is kaput, and the available alternative don't look promising, anyone have any ideas?
wey97

Post by wey97 »

daTerminehtor wrote:I've had issues with CS Lite since 3.07. Cookies temp allowed (such as banking/hotmail) aren't being removed once the browser is closed/re-opened.

And, as the development of this is kaput, and the available alternative don't look promising, anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried Cookie Monster for temp cookies?
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

This looks like a viable alternative to CookieSafe and CS Lite. Seems to have the features I need and it's actively supported. I've replaced CookieSafe with Cookie Monster and will see how it goes. Thank you for the suggestion, wey97.
daTerminehtor

Post by daTerminehtor »

Gonna give it a look... thanks guys. :p