Anyone having issues STARTING today w/Chase online banking?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wolfgrrl

Re: Anyone having issues STARTING today w/Chase online banking?

Post by wolfgrrl »

This appears to be rectified this morning. Can anyone confirm?
BernG

Post by BernG »

Its working now.
geocarw

Post by geocarw »

wolfgrrl wrote:Starting just today, I am having issues logging into Chase online banking. I strictly use FF and have navigated the Chase site fine for five months without a hitch. Today it tells me that my user/pass is incorrect, yet it will accept it in IE.

I've cleared cookies, cache, etc. Still no go. I've tried FF (different versions) on two PC's. 3.1b2 and 3.0.7. Still no go.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'd like to try and confirm this so I can contact Chase. Thank you

This problem now seems solved. I successfully logged into Chase this morning using FF (no more using IE Tab extension :-)
FWIW, Lenovo System Toolbox stopped working, problem related to FF also; see:
http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/mess ... 493#U90493
Lenovo posted a software update mid-March which resolved the problem.
George
XBMaster117

Post by XBMaster117 »

I am having issues as well logging into chase.com This started 2 days ago for me. When type in my login cridentials it takes me to the secondary login screen and asks for cridentials again. It does not say invalid password or anything, it just wants my login information again. Very frustrating... I also just reformatted my laptop today and when i tried to log in it was still unsuccessful.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

XBMaster117 wrote:I am having issues as well logging into chase.com This started 2 days ago for me. When type in my login cridentials it takes me to the secondary login screen and asks for cridentials again. It does not say invalid password or anything, it just wants my login information again. Very frustrating... I also just reformatted my laptop today and when i tried to log in it was still unsuccessful.

Sometimes site-specific problems can be fixed by removing your cookies for that site and clearing your cache (already-downloaded copies of the page files).

Menu path:
    [In Windows]: Tools | Options , or
    [In Mac]: Firefox | Preferences , or
    [In *nix]: Edit | Preferences

Clear cookies:
    Privacy | Show Cookies - remove cookies (from the problem site only)

Clear cache:
    Advanced | Network | Clear Now

If that doesn't work, perhaps it's not individual cookies that are the problem, but that the entire cookie database has become corrupted. In that case, with FFox NOT running, go into your PROFILE files, and delete or rename the cookies.sqlite file.

See this Mozillazine Knowledge Base article re Firefox profile location and contents:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Temporary poster

Post by Temporary poster »

I just got off the line with a Chase Rep and he said that it is because the website stores a cookie in your browser so the server recognizes it each time as a "trusted computer". He said to never clean your cookies, just your history and cache. I asked what if I'm traveling in Europe for a month (which I do sometimes) and need to check my balances and charges and use a different computer each time? He said to use the "send ID to email" option, every time. Yes, each time. So why do we have a username and strong password? Also, while I was on the phone trying to get someone to talk to I had to input my account number, my debit card number and when they asked me for my pin number I started yelling at the phone and someone came on. Ugghh, I know it's supposed to be safe but come on!
tjas

Re: Anyone having issues STARTING today w/Chase online banki

Post by tjas »

Can't login and got suspicious email "confirming" changes I apparently made to my online profile while I WAS at work Monday morning.
DanRaisch

Re: Anyone having issues STARTING today w/Chase online banki

Post by DanRaisch »

...and you've replied to a thread that's been dead for 3 years. If you require support with your use of Firefox (the browser) please create a new topic.

Locking this thread due to the age of the original posts.