Firefox Keeps Crashing On MySpace

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
crmandrill

Firefox Keeps Crashing On MySpace

Post by crmandrill »

Hello All,

I am posting this question as a last resort.

Just in the last several days everytime I go to myspace Firefox will crash at some point. The odd thing is, if I just keep that little "send error report" box up and don't click anything on it Firefox will keep working and I have no further problems. But, of course, that box is annoying as I keep having to move it around whenever I want to click on something on top - it doesn't minimize or go into the background.

I am running the latest version of Firefox 2.0.0.1

I have tried clearing my cache and all history and restarting the computer.
I have tried reinstalling it twice.
I have tried disabling all the extentions.
I have tried removing or uninstalling the plugins except for a few I felt I either needed badly or were probably not the source of the problem: Yahoo App., Java (there are several of what look like the exact same version listed in the 'about:plugins' but I am afraid to mess with java), windows media player, Adobe Reader, & Microsoft DRM. I got rid of everything else.
I finally, as a last resort, completely uninstalled and reinstalled. However, I backed up my profile info and put it back in as I didn't want to lose all my bookmarks.

Whatever I do, at some point in time, sometimes very quickly, Firefox will crash in myspace. It's fine everywhere else and it was, up until recently, fine in myspace.

So, I'm at a loss at what else to do beyond just living with that little box at the top of my screen or using another browser for myspace (I really hate IE)

Has anyone else had this problem??
steviex

Post by steviex »

Are you trying to do the same sort of thing each time it crashes (like viewing movies, pictures etc), or does it go at random?

More info about plugins http://kb.mozillazine.org/Issues_related_to_plugins
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.

Post by Guest »

steviex wrote:Are you trying to do the same sort of thing each time it crashes (like viewing movies, pictures etc), or does it go at random?

More info about plugins http://kb.mozillazine.org/Issues_related_to_plugins

It seems pretty random - does not happen at the same page or when I'm doing the same thing (except, generally, just going to a new page, surfing around.)

Thanks, I did read that page - there's nothing there that sounds exactly like my problem although I went and got rid of most of the plugins anyway. I was thinking that since Firefox continues to work with that 'error report' box kept up it might be a plugin that's crashing .. the ones I've listed are the only ones remaining.
k6nA

Re: Firefox Keeps Crashing On MySpace

Post by k6nA »

yeah it's been doing that to me also. i'm just on myspace checking out other pages, or i'll add a comment or something, change my page and it just closes the window, all the sudden the little box shows up. i've tried both restart and quit firefox. even restarting my pc, eventually it just crashes.
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox Keeps Crashing On MySpace

Post by LIMPET235 »

k6nA,
Please check the date of the last post before replying to these
old threads. Do a quick Forum Search &/or
start a new thread stating details of what you've tried etc.
Thank you.
Locking this 2 year old.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)