memory hog

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
lynchknot

memory hog

Post by lynchknot »

I've been wanting an all around email app that would pick up all mail including yahoo and hotmail. Also, I want it to be able to reply without launching a huge email client. E-Prompter did the trick until hotmail changed it's log-on.

This app (minotaur)is on par, memory useage wise, with Incredimail - which is a large resource hog.
Last edited by lynchknot on April 2nd, 2003, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
warenhaus

Re: memory hog

Post by warenhaus »

lynchknot wrote: Also, I want it to be able to reply without launching a huge email client.

right, can that be easily implemented? a mini-app just sending the mail for those mailto: links?
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

ckjnigel

Mailwasher 2.0.28beta for Hotmail

Post by ckjnigel »

That's what I use, since keeping the spam bombers under control is chore #1. Hotmail is useless, IMO, except that one needs it for certain M$ stuff, like free e-books and music. No, with that version of Mailwasher you can't reply, only read the mail. But, to reply you can use OE, FoxMail or Incredimail. MozMail, Minotaur or any POP mail client will work when coupled with Hotmail Popper. And, the ePrompter guy promises fully updated Hotmail support in a few months.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

warenhaus wrote:right, can that be easily implemented? a mini-app just sending the mail for those mailto: links?

Quick Mailer

http://pyric.org/qm/

seems to work very nicely.
zoohooter

Post by zoohooter »

lynchknot wrote:I've been wanting an all around email app that would pick up all mail including yahoo and hotmail. Also, I want it to be able to reply without launching a huge email client. E-Prompter did the trick until hotmail changed it's log-on.

This app (minotaur)is on par, memory useage wise, with Incredimail - which is a large resource hog.

Try a program called Pop Peeper(freeware). I can still retrieve both Hotmail (even after the format change) and Yahoo's Mail as well.

http://www.poppeeper.com/