[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
morphis

Post by morphis »

-Luftpost

I just tried( uninstall and reinstall the extension from its homepage ) here and didn't see xml parsing error for loading options .
What's you system configuration and firefox version?

And it would be better to post your xml parsing error here.

Thanks !
Luftpost

Post by Luftpost »

morphis wrote:-Luftpost

I just tried( uninstall and reinstall the extension from its homepage ) here and didn't see xml parsing error for loading options .
What's you system configuration and firefox version?

And it would be better to post your xml parsing error here.

Thanks !

Hmm, the darnest thing just happened, I tried it again (to get the exact xml error) and now it works!

Strange, just after I gave up after what must be 10 attempts now it works.

Thanks anyway.
morphis

Option added in 0.2.2

Post by morphis »

Thanks NetOne. I use NetOne's saveImage function to bypass the extension manager.

I added the option to drag image to a default folder directly, where the default folder is configurable.

soccer_dude182 wrote:
NetOne wrote:BTW, could you add an option for saving the image to a default folder directly?

I would also like this.
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

I never thought I will addict to this extension. It's so much better than middle click. Now, I can't live without it... it's your fault... J/K. :)
Noia 2.0 theme for Firefox & Thunderbird
- Compaq Presario 2190US, 2.4GHz, 1024MB DDR RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD.
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Gecko/20040925 Firefox/0.10 (MOOX M3)
NetOne

Re: Option added in 0.2.2

Post by NetOne »

morphis wrote:Thanks NetOne. I use NetOne's saveImage function to bypass the extension manager.

I added the option to drag image to a default folder directly, where the default folder is configurable.

soccer_dude182 wrote:
NetOne wrote:BTW, could you add an option for saving the image to a default folder directly?

I would also like this.

You are always welcome, morphis. "Super Drag and Go" is one of the most important extensions for me, so it's really an honor to do something helpful. And thanks for you great work on this extension!
morphis

Post by morphis »

The following small bug has been fixed in the updated 0.2.2: when dragging various files like html, txt, js, css, from file manager and drop it in the content area, nothing happened execept for the .xpi file to start installation per MonkeySage's help.

In the new 0.2.2, I fixed this bug so that the file dragged and dropped in the browser's content area will be handled properly, i.e., in the default system way.
morphis

Post by morphis »

Go to the original post to see the details of the new release 0.2.3
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

morphis wrote:Go to the original post to see the details of the new release 0.2.3

The new status bar notification seems not working on my firefox 0.9.1.
morphis

Post by morphis »

I just tried in 0.9.1 here and found no problem for me.

What's you OS? and have you tried a fresh profile to see if there are something else make it wrong?

Tell me the result after you tried.

Thanks!

NetOne wrote:
morphis wrote:Go to the original post to see the details of the new release 0.2.3

The new status bar notification seems not working on my firefox 0.9.1.
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Sorry, I've made a mistake. I've chosen the option to download images directly to a default folder in Superdrag 0.2.2. But in 0.2.3, the prefs used to save this option has been changed. So actually I'm using download manager to download the images after install 0.2.3 and I've chosen to download all files to the same folder used for image downloading. That's why there is no statusbar notification.

After I re-check the option, there is no problem. :)

morphis wrote:I just tried in 0.9.1 here and found no problem for me.

What's you OS? and have you tried a fresh profile to see if there are something else make it wrong?

Tell me the result after you tried.

Thanks!

buglen

Thank you!

Post by buglen »

Double post, server is rather slow today.
Last edited by buglen on July 8th, 2004, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Glen
buglen

Thank you!

Post by buglen »

All I can say is you made my day. I've been missing this feature since switching from MyIE2 a couple of months ago and now my favorite functionality is back. It's simple and intuitive, and when installed along with TabBrowser Extensions it completes the package.

The only suggestion I would make is to build a "safe" zone of a few pixels on all sides around the text/image/link being dragged. That way, if you dragged by mistake, you can drop in the safe zone to cancel the action.

Great work through! 8)
- Glen
morphis

Re: Thank you!

Post by morphis »

Glad to hear you guys like it :D

When you accidentally dragged a link, you can press ESC key to cancel it, or drag it to somewhere in which the link is non-droppable (you will see you mouse turns to a "stop sign"), e.g. title bar, menu-bar, toolbar (except homebutton, go button)...

Hope it helps you.

buglen wrote:All I can say is you made my day. I've been missing this feature since switching from MyIE2 a couple of months ago and now my favorite functionality is back. It's simple and intuitive, and when installed along with TabBrowser Extensions it completes the package.

The only suggestion I would make is to build a "safe" zone of a few pixels on all sides around the text/image/link being dragged. That way, if you dragged by mistake, you can drop in the safe zone to cancel the action.

Great work through! 8)
marke

Post by marke »

version for preview release?
thank you
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

This is easily done. Simply grab a program that handles zip files (such as 7-zip) then 'Open with...' to that program, find the install.rdf and use the program's own 'internal edit' to change the contents of install.rdf, find the '<maxVersion>' and bump it up to 0.10.

And here's something Molgar made earlier: [link].