Minature but no mozilla?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
xslf

Minature but no mozilla?

Post by xslf »

Is it possible to run Minature without having mozilla installed (I have only Phoenox)? OR do I need to install mozilla?
I am running on wndows 2000.

Thanks
michel v

Post by michel v »

Yes, I'm fairly sure it is possible. :)
Nostromo

Stand alone!

Post by Nostromo »

Yes, xslf, tha't the point in Minotaur.
It is a stand alone email client, therefore you don't need neither Mozilla nor Phoenix to install it and use it.
Be warned, thoug.. it is still a 0.1 (or sort of), therefore not too much stable.

But if you like to try new software, well, give it ago! (It's already running on my pc..)

Nostromo
warenhaus

Post by warenhaus »

that is the sense of this program. and: it's called Minotaur (at least for now), not minature
also, the browser's name is (still) Phoenix, not pheonox
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
xslf

Post by xslf »

Hmm.. it seems for the moment it is not possible- when there is no mozilla installed, it hangs on startup looking for the mozilla profile.

Only after installing mozilla and creating a mail account there, it actaully opened.

I guess we have a bug here...

where does one file a bug for it? I don't seem to find it in bugzilla helper
warenhaus

Post by warenhaus »

the bugs should only be posted in this forum (mail bugs), as it is too soon to file them into bugzilla. minotaur isn't even released yet.

concerning the profile: i have WinXP, and NO Mozilla. minotaur works. maybe you have to start it with "minotaur -profilemanager" the first time you run it.
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
zoohooter

Post by zoohooter »

xslf wrote:Hmm.. it seems for the moment it is not possible- when there is no mozilla installed, it hangs on startup looking for the mozilla profile.

Only after installing mozilla and creating a mail account there, it actaully opened.

I guess we have a bug here...

where does one file a bug for it? I don't seem to find it in bugzilla helper

I discovered this when they first came out with this pre-minotaur, but they didn't have anywhere to post it. Now they do, I posted a message to the new mail bug forum. Maybe we'll get some help :)