Toolbar Enhancements 0.15

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post by MeCasa »

OK, that's better
Now I'm laughin'
That was good
MeCasa :-)

Didn't help your poor spelling did it? ;)

grammAr

First the eyes, then the mind, then........................
Ria

Qute

Post by Ria »

To Clav:

I cannot imagine I'm the only one who has Qute installed and enabled instead of Winstripe. On the contrary, I think Winstripe users are a small minority.
Can you <b>please</b> make Toolbar Enhancements in the Qute theme again?
Luftpost

Re: Qute

Post by Luftpost »

Ria wrote:To Clav:

I cannot imagine I'm the only one who has Qute installed and enabled instead of Winstripe. On the contrary, I think Winstripe users are a small minority.

Oh yes, pretty please....!
Hidea

Post by Hidea »

How do I add items to the status bar? :S
clav

Post by clav »

Ria wrote:I cannot imagine I'm the only one who has Qute installed and enabled instead of Winstripe.
Very likely true.

On the contrary, I think Winstripe users are a small minority.
I doubt this.

Not unless Qute is released with an OSI-approved and MPL-compatible licence.
clav

Post by clav »

Hidea wrote:How do I add items to the status bar? :S

While you're customising the toolbars there should be a small gap (10px wide) at each end of the status bar onto which you can drop toolbar buttons.
MeCasa
Folder@Home

Post by MeCasa »

I realize you're busy,but will you update Titleless, maybe I can wash your car, cut your lawn, date your girlfriend, clean your house, any or all of the above. I almost used "yer" house haha :-)
Maybe you could suggest somebody who I could ask ? I made a post in update asking for help but I didn't know if this was proper etiquite, so I nuked it.

MeCasa
Last edited by MeCasa on July 10th, 2004, 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ria

Post by Ria »

clav wrote:
Ria wrote:I cannot imagine I'm the only one who has Qute installed and enabled instead of Winstripe.
Very likely true.

On the contrary, I think Winstripe users are a small minority.
I doubt this.

Not unless Qute is released with an OSI-approved and MPL-compatible licence.

Clav,

This means that I cannot use FFversions newer than 0.9.0.1 for unknown reasons because the icons - not only TBX icons - show up mutilated in the toolbar when TBX (Qute-version) is enabled.
Wouldn't it be possible, maybe in the future, to create a TBX in which you can choose or create your own icons that go together with XPstyle (the ones you see in External Application Buttons)?

Ria
Ria

Toolbar Enhancements - Qute

Post by Ria »

clav

Post by clav »

The icons being garbled is a bug, though I haven't worked out what's causing it yet.
Worldseye

Post by Worldseye »

Count mine as another vote for restoring zoom reset in the next version.. and thanks very very much for a truly useful extension..

Actually I've just got one question.. I had an older version installed (pre 0.9 EM compatibility) and in my ignorance installed the latest version on top of it.. all worked well except I had 2 sets of menu items (as you'd expect ;))..

Now I've rectified that and have everything as it should be, but I could have sworn you had implemented toolbar placement options for the bookmarks toolbar and non-user defined toolbars (such as the excellent web-developer toolbar)..

Was I dreaming?.. did I hallucinate?.. wishful thinking maybe? :)

Dan
Dan
Ria

Re: Toolbar Enhancements - Qute

Post by Ria »

Ria wrote:This is what it looks like:
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v33 ... olbar2.bmp

An other extension was causing the troubles probably. When I disabled "Allow Right-Click 0.1" the icons showed up undamaged again.
Do you have a copy of the old Qute version for me please, in case I have to create a new profile??

Ria
Wolfey

Post by Wolfey »

Ria wrote:An other extension was causing the troubles probably.

Which could very well be the case - After disabling/enabling various extensions in my own profile, I've noticed that "Bookmarks LinkChecker" 0.6.3 was responsible for messing up the icons here when using "Toolbar Enhancements". Disabling it fixed the problem.

It just seems strange, though, that one extension can mess up the icons in another... :-k
Firefox (most recent stable version) - Windows 2K Pro SP4 / XP Pro SP2
Where is this red diamond/dot coming from? (Bug 272534)
clav

Post by clav »

Wolfey: I tried Bookmarks LinkChecker 0.6.4 (I think) last night and it didn't screw up tbx's toolbar icons. Perhaps the order things were installed matters, or something silly like that.

Ria: I will try Allow Right-click later. I do not have any copies of the Qute version of tbx any more.

Worldseye: as far as I can remember no official version of tbx has let you move the predefined toolbars (Navigation and Bookmarks). Firefox behaves very oddly if you do, so I made the extension prevent you from doing so. And it certainly hasn't let you move the Web Developer toolbar.
Wolfey

Post by Wolfey »

clav wrote:Wolfey: I tried Bookmarks LinkChecker 0.6.4 (I think) last night and it didn't screw up tbx's toolbar icons. Perhaps the order things were installed matters, or something silly like that.

I looked at the version number you mentioned there, and thought that maybe my version (0.6.3) had something that was causing the problem, that may have been fixed in 0.6.4...

But, just to be sure, I uninstalled BLC here, and reinstalled the same version of it again, without updating it...And the icons weren't messed up this time :)

I guess the order that extensions are installed in can play a part in an odd glitch like this :P