[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
brenton

Re: [Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Post by brenton »

I have the same problem as sneuendorf. XP updated, FF 3.0.10, a load of add ons, IE Tab always worked perfectly and suddenly stopped as s/he describes, possibly since last FF update. IE is version 7, am about to upgrade to 8.

Sites will work if I go into IE proper, but in IE Tab just show a blank page trying to load with no error message.
yewave

Post by yewave »

Adblock Plus should be able to block AD in pages opened by "IE Tab"

To my knowledge, Adbock Plus cannot block ADs when one page is opened by "IE Tab" addon. Are there any addons can clean ADs from IE Tab opened pages?
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

IE Tab opens the Internet Explorer engine within Firefox. AdBlock Plus is not compatible with Internet Explorer which is why ads don't get blocked in the IE Tab. As to asking the developer to make ABP compatible with IE, don't bother. Read why here.
James

Post by James »

You may be able to do it with Addons and external software for IE perhaps but nothing in Firefox will be able to do anything in IE. In other words, IETab does not emulate IE but rather uses the actual Trident engine from IE inside a Firefox tab. This is why this Firefox Extension is Windows only and not for Linux and Mac OSX also.
sethia

Post by sethia »

Hi,

I can not get the latest IE Tab 1.5 release to work on FF 3.0.10. Any thoughts ?

Thanks.
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

The most common reason why you can't download IE Tab is because you have third party cookies disabled. Make sure to turn on all cookies to be able to get IE Tab or any other add-ons that have your attention.
brenton

Post by brenton »

I don't know what's happened, but IETab now works perfectly again.
kirstar

Post by kirstar »

is there a way to enable open in new tab ? from the ie tab window
johnspac

Post by johnspac »

Hi there

My IE Tab is not working properly. I am subscribed to FLTeach Digest (main site: http://listserv.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=flteach&D=0). everyday I receive an email with current topics, I click on the name of the message and a popup window appears; I have to use IE Tab to read the message, but nowadays it only shows a blank screen. Any ideas?

John
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
macinville

Post by macinville »

Hi guys!

Well I am a new user of IE tab, and I must say that this is very useful. I am a PHP programmer, and one of the many problems that I encounter as a programmer is creating reports for the clients. I was able to create an html file that will enable the user to sort,resize,and print the same document. The thing is,sorting feature doesn't work with resizing if I'm gonna use FireFox, so the user must only use IE to view and manipulate the report. All of my clients use Firefox, so I'm wondering if someone can help me launch a certain page from my work using IE tab with the use of javascript maybe?That if the user will click on a certain link, it will automatically open in IE tab and not in Firefox tab.

As much as I would like to read all the posts here to check whether my question was already posted, I'm in a hurry to finish up something here..anyway I am thanking you guys in advance for giving attention to my humble question.. :)
velcrostraps

Post by velcrostraps »

A site I use for work uses an activeX application that checks the user-agent string for IE6; The application works fine with IE7, but for it to work I have got to spoof the user agent string either via the registry or with Microsoft's own user-agent string utility (v2). I've tried to integrate this into my IE Tab but to no avail. The registry setting doesn't change the user agent string in IE Tab somehow. I've also tried to put the executable of UAE.exe in IETab options (this is the executable for the MS utility); this hasn't worked either. Do you have any suggestions on how I can do this?

thanks,
mllive

Post by mllive »

I'd like an easy way to mark a site as openable always with IE

As I see it, IE Tab (and IE view) require me to go into the Tools // Addons // Options // Filters to do this, I'd like a Right Menu Item that would: Copy the current URL , Truncate it to the Site, Bring up the "Filters" , and paste in the truncated site. Then of course I could OK or Cancel.

Note: THis sould also allow me to bring up the Filters, an in fact the OPIONS panel to do other things.

Sorry if this is a RTFM or already suggested...

Thanks
dchurch315

Post by dchurch315 »

Problem: Visiting pages within a SharePoint site using IEtab causes sporadic crashes of FF
Setup: IE7, FF 3.10, latest version of IEtab

After recently upgrading the FF 3.0.10, I began to experience random crashes of FF when viewing SharePoint pages via IEtab. The act of clicking on a link begins to bring up the page, then FF crashes and allows recovery to the page.

Anyone else seeing this behavior with 3.0.10 and IEtab? Or am I just unlucky?
didli

Post by didli »

Hi u all !
I got strange problems since last IE Tab update (IE Tab 1.5.20090525). I use it a lot to check my webdesign work on local folder. And since the update (not sure is related to, but it happens right after the update), IE Tab seems not to work correctly with local files.
Here's what I mean :
My website has three menus buttons, each pointing to different html files in the same folder :
accessoires.html, eclairages.html, etc, all in "file:///C:/Profils/user/Bureau/xhtml/_mag/"
In the html file, buttons link to "plansdetravail.html" (without the full path). And it works great in Firefox, and used to work in IE Tab.
Now for some reason, it doesn't work anymore in IE Tab. IE Tab shows now :
"http://plansdetravail.html/" but should have shown "file:///C:/Profils/user/Bureau/xhtml/_mag/plansdetravail.html"
What's going on ? Is there something I can do ? Is it related to the update ?
Thanks in advance !

Solved ! Sorry guys...
I checked (again & again) my files and here's what happened : as ie tab was updating, i forgot to close pspad with the files I was working with. As firefox restarts, it reloads my files and i end up with some html code totally mess up. Nothing to do with IE Tab !
My fault !
Sorry again ...
gzkbb1

Post by gzkbb1 »

This product appears not to work with latest IE8 release.