Calendar integration in Minotaur

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
ccoma

Calendar integration in Minotaur

Post by ccoma »

I don't know how many of you noticed the Calendar project so far, if you're not familiar with it give it a try: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/
It is really great !
In addition, it perfectly satifies the request for a calendar in minotaur, to completely replace peoples outlook, lotus notes or whatever.

So my question is, will the calendar-project maybe merge with the minotaur-project or at least will it work within minotaur ?!

btw: I'm not quite sure if this is a question/request for the minotaur or the calendar developers ! Don't beat me, if I did wrong ! ;)

greetings ccoma
denro

Post by denro »

I second the hope for the survival of the calander project in the Phoenix / Minoataur roadmap and that it would be best placed with the mail / news reader program. I won't switch from Mozilla mail (currently using 1.3) to Minotaur until it won't cause loss of calander. I am a Phoneix + Mozilla Mail + calander user. The calander still has some rough spots, it is already better than the alternatives at which I have looked.
-- Denro
fgxh298

Post by fgxh298 »

I think Calendar should be an extension to Minotaur. Minotaur alone can be like Outlook Express while installing the Calendar extension turns it into an Outlook or Lotus type app. That way users can decide what is best for them.
DiabolicDevilX

Post by DiabolicDevilX »

I love the Mozilla Calendar and I exactly agree to that idea.
But I did not yet understood how extensions and themes should be installed to a mail application...
seb

Post by seb »

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=200257 is about adding Phoenix support to Calendar. Since I suppose that the extension mechanism will be the same in both Phoenix and Minotaur, having Phoenix supported would probably mean that Minotaur will also be supported.