TB 3b2 wrecked Lightning in TB 2

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
solacrux

TB 3b2 wrecked Lightning in TB 2

Post by solacrux »

I wanted to try the new beta for TB and upgraded to the nightly version of lightning. I didn't like it at all and went back to TB 2. Since I reverted I get the message "The calendar data in your profile was updated by a newer version of lightning and continuing will probably cause the information to be lost or corrupted. Lighting will now be disabled and TB restarted."

How do I get Lightning 0.9 back working again?

I uninstalled and reinstalled and fiddled with the profile with no luck. I'm running TB 2.0.0.21 and Lightning 0.9. Help me get my calendar back, please! I'm lost without it.
ssitter

Re: TB 3b2 wrecked Lightning in TB 2

Post by ssitter »

Updating to Lightning 1.0pre upgrades the calendar data and format to a newer version that is not supported by Lightning 0.9. Quoting myself: "I'd recommend to not use the same profile in both Thunderbird 2 and 3. To get your calendars back you could: Revert to Thunderbird 3.0b2 and Lightning 1.0pre test builds. Export all local calendars into the iCalendar (*.ics) format and write down the address of your remote calendars. Close Thunderbird and go to the Thunderbird profile folder. Move away the file "storage.sdb" and the folder "calendar-data". Open the file "prefs.js" in a text editor and remove the lines containing "calendar.registry.". You might want to backup those file/entries before deleting them in case something goes wrong. Revert to Thunderbird 2 and Lightning 0.9. Recreate or resubscribe your calendars and import the iCalendar files."
solacrux

Post by solacrux »

Thank you! Worked like a charm. I'm up and running again!
TerroX

Post by TerroX »

when I used the new TB3 and Lightning it didn't import my remote calendars, I just had to put them all in again. I only have 1 local calendar, so it wasn't too bad.
Danilo Syrtis-Ardais

Post by Danilo Syrtis-Ardais »

Stefan,

Vielen Dank. Ich weiß das dieses "thread" sehr alt ist aber Ich hatte noch dasselbe Problem hier im Jahr 2010:

Es gibt einige Vorteile beim Thunderbird 3 doch hab' ich gefunden daß es unzuverlässig (mindestens für mich) ist.

Grüße,

Chris in Madison, Wisconsin.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm not sure what your point is. This thread referenced a build version of Thunderbird that is now almost a year out of date. If you need support with a problem you would do better to create a new topic and provide details of the problem and your Thunderbird installation.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

1) You are posting in German while you usually post in English
2) You a posting in a year old thread.
3) You are complaining about Thunderbird in a thread about Lighting.

Locking. Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum with in enough information in it for us to help you.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."