Suggestions for MozillaZine articles

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Racer

Suggestions for MozillaZine articles

Post by Racer »

One of the most common reasons that many people return to a web site is that they believe that it will have new information each day on the topics related to that site. With respect to MozillaZine, these would obviously be Mozilla-related topics. MozillaZine has recently done a good job of keeping new information coming, but I have a few suggestions-- and maybe others do, too.

1. Short articles on mega-bugs. That is, an article on commonly desired/hated features/bugs that have been implemented/fixed in the past few days. Often, people don't have the time (or desire) to wade through Mozilla's bugzilla database but would spend the time to read a short article on some new feature that works or evil bug that has been pestering them. A good example of this was the spell-checker article...and I'd like to see more such articles in the future.

2. Editorial articles. These could be opinion articles that talk about the current state of Mozilla, predictions of the future, or even analysis of the polls that have been taken. Just remember to present both sides of the issue or you will alienate some readers.

3. Comparisons of products/features. This could be as simple as comparing the tabbed-browsing of Phoenix vs that of Mozilla or could go as far as comparing the Mail-client to Outlook Express. These articles could be very informative to readers who might otherwise be unwilling to try feature X.

4. Humor. Within the Mozilla community, there is periodically something amusing or funny that happens. I'm not talking about Mozilla jokes, but when something that isn't necessarily news surfaces, keep it for a slow-news day and post it. We all need something off-beat occationally, and finding out that Ctrl+Alt+F takes the browser to a fish cam web site may be just what the reader needs.
asa

Re: Suggestions for MozillaZine articles

Post by asa »

[quote="Racer"]One of the most common reasons that many people return to a web site is that they believe that it will have new information each day on the topics related to that site. With respect to MozillaZine, these would obviously be Mozilla-related topics. MozillaZine has recently done a good job of keeping new information coming, but I have a few suggestions-- and maybe others do, too.

They're accepting submissions. It's worth noting that the bulk of the mozillaZine front page news items are reader submissions. If you want to see a particular kind of story hit the front page then write it and submit it via http://www.mozillazine.org/submit/

--Asa
"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think." --Dobbs 1961