Add Attachment

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
Grandpas

Add Attachment

Post by Grandpas »

Hi,

First of all, thanks for developping Minotaur. I've recently switched (not completely) from Mozilla to Phoenix/Minotaur.

I have to admit that I'm really impressed by the performance/speed of these software.

Now, a problem discovered with Minotaur (Linux RH 7.3, version 04-04-03) . I'm unable to attach any document. Nothing happens when I click in the window attachment. Same problem for a right clicking and 'Add attachment'.
I've not tested with windows but I will do that soon.

Note: My profile is common with the one from Mozilla.
Mail folder and files are located on a FAT32 partition and are common for Linux Mozilla&Minotaur and Windows Mozilla&Minotaur
seindal

Post by seindal »

I have the same problem (same version). I can drag file to the attachment pane, but when I try to send the message, the files cannot be read, I am told. It might be because the dragged files appear as file:/... urls.

I cannot add attachments during the right click menu or through the File menu.
Grandpas

Post by Grandpas »

seindal wrote:I have the same problem (same version). I can drag file to the attachment pane, but when I try to send the message, the files cannot be read, I am told. It might be because the dragged files appear as file:/... urls.
I cannot add attachments during the right click menu or through the File menu.

I've tested with the windows build. I'm able to atach a file by clicking in the 'Attachments' windows.
No problem to send (my own SMTP) and to receive the file (tested with a binary and a text file).
Then the problem seems related to the RedHat build (or to Linux builds)
dseven

Post by dseven »

Or to UNIX builds .. same thing on Solaris for me ...
dseven

Post by dseven »

Works in MacOSX, though, so I guess it's a problem with the UNIX filesystem interraction dialogs...
Grandpas

Post by Grandpas »

dseven wrote:Works in MacOSX, though, so I guess it's a problem with the UNIX filesystem interraction dialogs...

maybe.
Note that my binaries files are located on an ext3 filesystem and my mail accounts are saved on a FAT32 partition
seindal

Post by seindal »

I have all my files on ext2 file systems. I don't think that matters much. The type of file system is mostly transparent to the applications.
oliof

Post by oliof »

The same problem exists with my gentoo ebuild version (current as of four hours ago).