Thawte Digital Certificate(s) Won't Import

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
GWA

Thawte Digital Certificate(s) Won't Import

Post by GWA »

I have a couple digital (email) certificates from Thawte that won't import and install. They imported into Firefox browser, IE, (including OE6.0) just fine. When will I be able to use them in TB? Is there a way?
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

Yes TB does import X.509 certs just fine, what have you tried top do? Have you exported them from FF ? As thats how i installed mine.
User-Agent: Thunderbird/2.0 Alpha 1 0808

Jabber IM:XeF6@jabber.org
GWA

Post by GWA »

Thanks for responding. I set up the "Netscape" X.509 and clicked on "Fetch" while in FF. Nothing happened (visually), so I checked in Options and the certs were installed. However, when I open the Certificates section in FF, there is no "Export" option on the screen. When I open the Certificates (manage certificates) section in TB, there is an "Import" option, which asks me locate the certificate, and I cannot. I'm using latest (7.2 & 9.2). CHUCK
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

Try using the backup cert option when u select your cert in FF, that asks you to save a file in a loaction. Then once saved, try importing that file into TB.

GWA

Post by GWA »

Yea! That worked. Backed up in FF and subsequently imported into/via TB. Thank you for your expertise and time. CHUCK
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

YW