myspace music player not working in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Dallas Web Design

Re: myspace music player not working in Firefox

Post by Dallas Web Design »

If you're having problems with the music player not showing, just reinstall the flash player plugin, works for me. Sorry for the above post, thought this was referring to placement of the player.
GUEST AGAIN

Post by GUEST AGAIN »

Here I found a pair of solutions from other forum, I've tried both but still have the same trouble no myspace player, even though everything else (that requires flash) is working all right. Anyway here is the link maybe you find it helpfull
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... ID=8520616

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem, except I am on a PC & I have tried Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. It shows the music player, but it never starts. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Flash, & still nothing. I know it's not an issue with my computer because my sounds play everywhere else...
Subboy777

Post by Subboy777 »

After ALOT of research it has been confirmed this end that the issue lies with Myspace itself. For a while now they have denied the issue being their end, however after the number of posts in their forum they now realise there is an issue and are looking into it.
The biggest problem has been that they are able to play the music without issues their end.

For some profiles I have no issues at all (most have issues though).. however I found a work around that seems to be working for the others (that load songs but do not play)
Rather than clicking on a particular song, use the next button.. This seems to plat the next track.

I have found that sometimes it plays only a couple of seconds of the track after pressing next, however if you go back to the track with the next or previous button options it will work (I trialed this on 20 profiles prior to posting this, having success each time) at least this is a work around whilst myspace sort their stuff out.

Hope this helps
sooflymami1

Post by sooflymami1 »

My Myspace music only plays at times and the other times for example when I go back to the page, it does not play and sometimes it does play but it takes a while for it to play. Is this still happening to anyone besides me? This has been happening for weeks now for me. People has music players from other sites on their myspace page and those work but not the Myspace music players. What could be causing this? Would it work if I get CCleaner?
LOT Grafix

Post by LOT Grafix »

everyone here is lost... i can see myspace player on FF... what i can not see is wmp on myspace with FF browser, have tried almost 8 diferent codes to make it work, even real player, but myspace doesnt accepts rp plugin, i have read forums about this issue for 2 weeks :S i even contacted myspace but they give me some generic answer that they are concern about this and working on it, lol... this problems i saw on some forums posts from 2003 since MFF 1.0... my opinion? 1. FF is the problem vs wmp 2. myspace vs real player 3. i dont know what else to do... theres no code for this problem... the last thing im trying is hacking a flash a found that works on FF+myspace but i know nothing about flash!!! if someone can help me with this... ill give the code i swear to everyone, and have a streaming player on myspace working on all browsers

contact me here: (email removed)

[edit]email removed. No email support available here but heaps of harvesting robots. LIMPET235 (Moderator)[/edit]

Post by Guest »

I had this problem. The volume slider on the player was all the way down. I never put it there. That is the way it loaded up. Check it if you have no sound.
aknotofemma

Post by aknotofemma »

The music players are working for me for everyone elses profiles, yet when it comes to mine, it work play automatically, and when I go to press the play button, it doesn't do anything, it's as though the button isn't even there :S

Anyone else have this?
aknotofemma

Post by aknotofemma »

I meant "won't play automatically" - my bad. The rage is taking over my ability to form normal sentences!

Post by Guest »

for me everyone else's players work on their pages but mine doesn't show. i went in to the customize profile on myspace and i have the music module but it says no data for this module. any ideas?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

^ That is a question you should ask the support folks at myspace. Nothing to do with firefox.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Post by Guest »

Anyone? This is rediculous! I use Firefox and IE and it works on NEITHER. All I see is an empty space! What is the problem?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

If it isn't working or either Firefox or IE it is either a music player problem or a myspace problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Post by Guest »

I was getting "you need a newer version of flash" in both firefox or IE, but the mediawrap firefox add-on fixed it. *shrug*
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Since this is a Myspace problem it really does not belong in Firefox support. Try the various suggestions given and, if none work, start a new thread in either a myspace forum or, if it has to be here, tech. Locking.
Post wrangler