User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rlmichelsen

How do I "return to sender" for a specific email a

Post by rlmichelsen »

I do not want to receive/or see any email from a specific
email address.

How do I do this?

Post by Guest »

You may not block a receiving of messages from specific address, becouse Mozilla has to pick up all e-mails from your provider. But you may set a filter (Tools - Message filters) to delete any incoming mails from specified address in a trash. So you will not see them.
rlmichelsen

Post by rlmichelsen »

Anonymous wrote:You may not block a receiving of messages from specific address, becouse Mozilla has to pick up all e-mails from your provider. But you may set a filter (Tools - Message filters) to delete any incoming mails from specified address in a trash. So you will not see them.
Thank you for your quick response.

So, there is no way to have it returned to the sender with a message something to
the effect..
"Your email has been rejected and not seen by ...."?

Post by Guest »

If i know well, some providers offers autoreply function on user's mailboxes. I don't know any mail client doing this. Mozilla cann't as well. And, if it would be possible - guess, what you counterpart will do with automatically rejected mails? Right, automatically return it on your adress ("I see, you rejected my email without reading it, so, please, do it") back.:-)

Post by Guest »

Thanks Much
Guest-1

Re: How do I "return to sender" for a specific email a

Post by Guest-1 »

Create a filter with the specific e-mail address and Forward back to that e-mail address. Possibly witha signature message to your liking. This may work.
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

you can [under Tools, Message Filter], but it would be useless especially if its a spam message. But the problem with this is most spam messages are using fake addresses, and if they were real, then its a forged one, from perhaps me or someone else. Or if it was a real address from the spammer, then you'd be opening yourself up for more spam. Mail Washer bounces mail back, but thats useless as I have pointed out above.
Number9

Post by Number9 »

This is a five year old thread.........
baldwinj

Post by baldwinj »

http://www.return2-sender.com offers an email refusal service that might be what you're looking for - or anyone else who found this thread in the last 5 years :)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Locking. Please start a new thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."