Spell Checker for Firebird

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Flexer

Post by Flexer »

wig_out_on_me wrote:Flexor... I just installed the Bulgarian Language Pack and it worked fine. I installed the Bulgarian dictionary and it exhibited this issue. I don't maintain the Moz dictionaries... the dictionaries for the Mozilla suite, Thunderbird, and are also used by SpellBound come from http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/. I expect this issue also affects the Mozilla suite and Thunderbird since the files in question are essentially the same.

*edited to add* I just tried the Bulgarian dictionary in Thunderbird and had the exact same problem you are having with SpellBound in Firefox so it has something to do with the dictionary itself though it may have to do with the dictionary and the system config.
So if I don't install the Bulgarian Dictionary the Spell Checker will work ?

Now how do I unsinstall the dictionary because I already installed the lang. pack and the dict.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

You stated earlier that it worked with the English US dictionary so it is working for you... true?

The language pack is completely seperate from the dictionary and the language pack works. To remove the dictionary remove the files with bg-bg in them that are located in the myspell directory. The myspell directory is located in the components directory in the Firefox application directory.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

How do I uninstall thsi now that I ahve Spellbound
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Configuration Mania [link].

It has a Chrome Uninstaller for old (pre-new EM/0.8-) extensions.
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

Geronimo wrote:How do I uninstall thsi now that I ahve Spellbound
I have been using Extension Uninstaller 0.2.
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Extension Uninstaller 0.2 has been marked broken and even fatal by the Extensions Mirror [link].
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Geronimo - I would be curious to hear whether Configuration Mania [<a href="http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=204">link</a>] worked for you so I can put the info on the SpellBound website.

BTW: I second Rowne's comment regard Extension Uninstaller 0.2... I had to manually rip it out of my chrome.rdf and overlays.
tguez

Re: Spell Checker for Firebird

Post by tguez »

There is a program for spell check for firebird. It is called Spell Check Anywhere. It can be found at [url]http://www.SpellCheckAnywhere.Com[/url]. It adds spell checking to all programs, including firebird.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

tguez,
Thanks but this thread died in 2004.
Locking this very dead thread.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
James

Post by James »

tguez wrote:There is a program for spell check for firebird. It is called Spell Check Anywhere. It can be found at http://www.SpellCheckAnywhere.Com. It adds spell checking to all programs, including firebird.

Firebird when the browser you know as Firefox was 0.6/0.7 ? or this Firebird.

The so called free program you posted is a 7-Day fee trial and advertising on first post does not look good at all.

oh yeah.. Holy Old Thread Batman!