2004-07-23 0.8 Test Builds Now Available for Testing

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

2004-07-23 0.8 Test Builds Now Available for Testing

Post by mscott »

I haven't done this in a while. Time for an official test build. Get your bits here:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... atest-0.8/

<b>What's New For Testing</b>
<ol>
<li>Profile Migration Wizards for new users. We can now migrate settings and data from the Mozilla Suite, Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora (Win & Mac), Netscape 4.x and Netscape 7.x. Launch without a profile and the migration wizard will show you a list of available migration sources (the apps I just listed) that you have accounts for on your machine. I could really use help testing this stuff.
<li>There is now a new remote image blocker feature in Thunderbird. Turn on remote image blocking (Tools / Options / Advanced). The next time you click on a message that has remote content you should see a remote image toolbar in the message pane informing you that this msg contained remote images which Thunderbird blocked in order to protect you privacy. Clicking on the button in this toolbar reloads the message with the remote images. Eventually this will get turned on by default.
<li>The quick search box in the main mail window has gotten a face list. It now contains a drop down box allowing you to pick the search criteria you want for your quick search. You can also choose the Find in Message item from the drop down which will highlight your search term in the selected message.
<li>Fix for a nasty crasher in the advanced address book search dialog when you try to perform multiple searches within the same search dialog.
<li>When opening up a folder, don't scan it for junk mail if the user has not actually marked something as junk (or not junk). This makes the first use case much smoother since we no longer download all of the message bodies for the folder for someone who just migrated to Thunderbird.
<li>Add Get New Mail For All Accounts functionality to Thunderbird! Back by popular demand. The get new mail button now has a drop down like the Mozilla Suite for supporting Get New Mail for all accounts vs. a particular account. This one is for you fishbert.
<li>Bug fixes and improvements to the Global Inbox feature for POP users including problems with multiple POP3 servers all trying to use the global inbox at the same time at startup.
</ol>

<b>Known Issues</b>
None so far!

We had some rough regressions earlier this week with missing string entities, the tree was closed for most of the week. Hopefully we can all test these bits and prove to ourselves that things are back on track.

-Scott

P.S. Coming soon to a Thunderbird nightly near you: Built in RSS support....Stay tuned.
Last edited by mscott on August 13th, 2004, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Mad Maks

Post by Mad Maks »

Thanks for all the good work Scott :-)

Mad Maks
p.s. these week no updates of the The Official XXXXXXX [Br/Tr] builds are out done by me because i am going into the mountains for a week (with no computers :-) )
Thunderbird NL
Mozilla Thunderbird NL 0.8
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040911 Firefox/0.10.1
windows 2000 /linux (linspire)
James M. Prange

Re: 2004-07-23 0.8 Test Builds Now Available for Testing

Post by James M. Prange »

mscott wrote:Add Get New Mail For All Accounts functionality to Thunderbird! Back by popular demand. The get new mail button now has a drop down like the Mozilla Suite for supporting Get New Mail for all accounts vs. a particular account. This one is for you fishbert.

I can get the drop-down, but only if I customize the
toolbar to show "Icons and Text" or "Icons", not with my normal
"Text" setting for the buttons. Maybe make the "Get Mail" button
so I can right-click on it to get the drop-down, like the "Back"
and "Forward" buttons in Firefox?

It would be nice if this included newsgroups as well as e-mail
accounts.
Regards,
James
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Well, the mail filters are still disabled when using the global inbox. Any idea when this might be corrected?
LJ
My best friend is my wife!!
Political Realities
Lost User 24926

Post by Lost User 24926 »

How does one setup to use a Global Inbox?
mscott

Post by mscott »

DynaBMan wrote:Well, the mail filters are still disabled when using the global inbox. Any idea when this might be corrected?

David just checked in a fix for this tonight I believe.
Thunderbirds are Go!
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

So does that mean it will be in tomorrow's build?

On another note, the new mail notification isn't working either.
LJ
Political Realities
Mad Maks

Post by Mad Maks »

DynaBMan wrote:So does that mean it will be in tomorrow's build?

in version 2004-07-24 .
Thunderbird NL
Mozilla Thunderbird NL 0.8
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040911 Firefox/0.10.1
windows 2000 /linux (linspire)
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Thanks, Mad Maks. I was looking at the bug tracker, but I couldn't even find the bug. What page was it on?
LJ
Political Realities
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

I just downloaded the latest 0.8 nightly from this link. The filters are still broken when using the global inbox.

http://ftp27f.newaol.com/pub/mozilla.or ... atest-0.8/
Last edited by DynaBMan on July 24th, 2004, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
LJ
Political Realities
hariskar

Post by hariskar »

I filled a bug I found: After Empty Trash, selected mail is still visible, it is bug 252886
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

I have to stand corrected on the filter issue. The filters do work somewhat. The "Create filter from message" menu option is grayed out and the manual "run filter" command doesn't work. However, once a filter is created, it seems to put the messages where I want them. That's a good start.
LJ
Political Realities
Bucan

Post by Bucan »

using the global inbox, is new mail actually showing up in the inbox of the local folders? With earlier builds, I had trouble with new mails because I was informed of their existence (new mail notification working correctly), but they never showed up. When I went back to separate folders those mails appeared in the inboxes of the respective accounts.

Thanks, Dan
--

"I always wanted to be somebody. Now I realize that I should have been more specific!"
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Bucan wrote:using the global inbox, is new mail actually showing up in the inbox of the local folders? With earlier builds, I had trouble with new mails because I was informed of their existence (new mail notification working correctly), but they never showed up. When I went back to separate folders those mails appeared in the inboxes of the respective accounts.

Thanks, Dan

Dan,
I haven't had a problem with the global inbox in that regard. The mail always shows up in the inbox. It was just the filters that were giving me the headache. The filters I have created do work now, but they do not work manually. I can select one to run on a folder and nothing happens. However, if I have a message that comes in that falls under one of the rules, it moves the message to the folder specified in the filter. That just started working in the build from the 24th.

PS: The new mail notification is still not working.
LJ
Political Realities
Lost User 24926

Post by Lost User 24926 »

I have asked in 2 different threads with no answer. Maybe if I rephrase it.

I have been using Thunderbird since there was a Thunderbird. I have 3 or 4 accounts set up on it, all going to seperate inboxes.

Is there some way I can switch this configuration over to use a global inbox? Or does that require starting fresh?

TIA!