Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Paddy Landau

Re: Mail Tweak (for Thunderbird)

Post by Paddy Landau »

Both your website help for Personalize and the help in the Preferences settings for Personalize point to the following page for a list of address book field names:
nsIAbCard

Unfortunately, that page no longer exists. I've hunted around a bit, but haven't managed to find a proper list of field names. The referred page doesn't help me.

Where can I find a list of address book field names?
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Yes, you have to search for nsIAbCard to find the page: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/nsIAbCard
Rod
Paddy Landau

Post by Paddy Landau »

Rod Whiteley wrote:Yes, you have to search for nsIAbCard to find the page: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/nsIAbCard

Thank you for the link!

Developers: Please would you update the two help links?
KitchM

Post by KitchM »

I just stumbled across Mail Tweak while trying to solve the nasty problem of too many address lines wasting space in the compose window. This add-on is simply fantastic! =D>

It solves this problem, and many more. Plus, it offers further improvements. :D
Very cool!

The compose window now has the properly-working pane adjustment controls as it should have had from the very beginning. Everyone associated with the project deserves thanks and kudos just for coming up with the idea and giving us the add-on at this early stage. I can't wait to see the final outcome.

Thanks again.
jalyst

Post by jalyst »

jalyst wrote:If 3.5.x isn't supported in any 'shape or form' at this stage...
Then perhaps you should remove the link to the beta MT add-on on your site and explain that [support/active testing] will only become available as the RC's start coming out?

Oh and your suggestion to disable "Compact from folder properties" did not make "hide local folders work".

cheers

Rod? Any other suggestions as to how to get this to work?
Clutching at straws, I know you can't really support, just in case you missed my earlier Qns...

cheers
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Sorry, I have no other suggestions at present. I might be able to come up with something when I get my main computer working again next week.
Rod
jalyst

Post by jalyst »

no worries ;-)
afvalencia

Post by afvalencia »

All problems with Personalize related with the CSV files are solve installing the new version of MailTweak, look for it on http://mailtweak.mozdev.org/installation.html.

Any question do not hesitate.

Andres.
candidcactus

Post by candidcactus »

I'm really impressed with the add-on. You've done an unbelievable job. Discovered it yesterday. Was looking for the personalize feature, and discovered so much more. I really looked for an answer, so if it's somewhere i can;t find, I apologize.
I installed v 0.16 & work from the address book.

When I'm in TBird and click Message | Personalize, everything works just fine.
If I begin to compose an email and try to click File | Personalize it is grayed out (as others have reported)
If I open a template to send, I get the same problem.

(1) is there a solution?
(2) might the problem go away if I upgrade to v 1.0 pre2 (which is currently giving me a 20.6K file that won't install)

Thanks.
Cactus
Windows XP Pro SP2 Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 Firefox 3.5
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

(1a) It only works if you start by choosing: Message – Personalize
(1b) Select the template (but do not open it) and choose: Message – Personalize As New...
(2) No.
Rod
candidcactus

Post by candidcactus »

Many thanks. And again, thanks for one helluvan extension!
PeterinScotland

Re:

Post by PeterinScotland »

Hello Rod and others

I've just installed Mail Tweak 0.16 in Thunderbird version 3.0a1pre (2007113003). Bad news, I know, but my problem may not be specific to that version of Thunderbird!

I am using the Personalize tweak and it always says
"not found in your address books
The message is in your Unsent folder"

I'm wondering if this relates to what Rod said a while back:
Rod Whiteley wrote:- Personalize works for me, but note that the address book entries must be unique, otherwise you cannot tell which entry it will use.

But I made sure that the first instance, the one it was crashing on, was unique (though it's in a mailing list as well as the personal address book, but I think that only counts as one entry). I also tried toggling the extension.mailtweak.personal.uniqueid value in Config editor but to no avail.

Someone else in another thread said:
DonB8080 wrote:The Mailtweak mail merge works great. I've only found one problem. As of version 10, your address book entries must have a Display Name, or the mail merge will tell you that the second recipient is "not found in your address books".

Again, as far as I can tell, it does have a display name.

Kind regards

Peter
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

The problem with entries that are not unique is that it uses the first entry it finds, which might not be the one you expected. So I think your unusual choice of versions is implicated. I still don't support any version of Thunderbird 3, though I'm getting closer to that goal.
Rod
PeterinScotland

Rod

OK, I'll probably try and go back to a version 2 sometime later on as using OpenOffice to send my mailings doesn't really suit me. I used to do the nightly updates but every now and again something major would go wrong, so eventually I just settled for a working one and have had it ever since. Hence the peculiar version of TB.

Kind regards

Peter
PeterinScotland

OK, thanks, it works fine with the current version 2 of Thunderbird and the current non-Beta version of Mailtweak.