Location of bookmarks?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
KeiserSoze

Location of bookmarks?

Post by KeiserSoze »

Hi,

I just recently formatted, but instead of installing a brand new copy of Phoenix i just copied it from the image I made of my old hard drive, but now I can't seem to find my bookmarks =/ I'd figured Phoenix would have stored them like netscape used to, in a file inside the program directory but alas I never actually checked to verify that.

I have a complete image of what was on my hard drive before the format, so if anybody could lend a hand and let me know where I should be looking for the bookmarks (hopefully not in the registry!) that'd be great.

Thanks!
Allenz

Post by Allenz »

Since you mentioned the registry, I assume you are using Windows. I don't know where your profile is on other versions, but on Windows XP, it is

c:\documents and settings\{username}\application data\Phoenix\Profiles\default\{random number}.slt\bookmarks.html
KeiserSoze

Post by KeiserSoze »

Oops yeah I was using w2k. Thanks a lot, saved me a lot of hassle =)
BigFire

Post by BigFire »

KeiserSoze wrote:Oops yeah I was using w2k. Thanks a lot, saved me a lot of hassle =)

A simple way for me to clear the headache is to use user.js to define where to put the bookmark. As part of my evaluation of new nightly build, I have some frequently used cookies.txt, location.ldf saved at a different directory. When the new build is run the first time, it creates the phoenix profile directory. I then dropped in my customization, which also tells the browser where to actually find the bookmark.html.

FYI the line is in my case:
user_pref("browser.bookmarks.file", "C:\\bookmarks.html");