resolving host ? what does this mean

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

resolving host ? what does this mean

Post by Guest »

sometimes i am unable to surf the web even as i am connected. in the left bottom corner of F.F. it will say " resolving host www.yahoo.co.uk" for example . but the page will not load, and F.F. say something like url does not exist. i then try maybe google.com or www.bbc.co.uk the same happens again . what is happening?

Post by Guest »

That means your DNS is not resolving properly.

Post by Guest »

how do i put that right ?

Post by Guest »

how do i put that right ?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:how do i put that right ?

Sounds as though you are not conecting to the net - what connection are you on Dial-up, DSL or something else?

What operating system are you using?

Can you connect to the net with Internet Explorer - if you are on Windows?
magiere

Post by magiere »

I'm having the same problem ^^; i can open a page perfectly in IE but i try in FF and i get an Alert: "URL" could not be found. Please check the name and try again. it was working fine for awhile, then that happened. please help.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Your firewall is most likely blocking FF. If you have Norton Personal Firewall, and I don't, you need to look through it to find where it lists programs allowed to connect to the internet. When you find FF, remove it from that list and launch FF. When it asks you if it's okay to connect, say yes, and remember this answer next time (kind of thing).
The nice thing about standards in computing is that there are so many from which to choose.

Post by Guest »

i'll try that and see what happens.