New ext: Open Link/img in Background Tab, in context menu

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
CrackTipe

Re: New ext: Open Link/img in Background Tab, in context menu

Post by CrackTipe »

keithpetersen wrote:When will v 1.5.1 be accessible? When I try to install it an error message displays saying file not found.

Same.
abhinavk

Post by abhinavk »

Mozcerize wrote:Thanks to SUN Chun-Yen (on the addons.mozilla.org review page) and abhkum for pointing out that I had failed to remove an event listener on the new background window which was causing it to be unfocusable; and sorry to those of you who have been missing this feature!

I have created an update which fixes this bug (and fixes the problem that abhkum mentioned in which removing the event listener then causes the wrong taskbar button to be active on the Windows Taskbar). Details of the update can be found in my next post below.

abhkum wrote:No body opens new windows ever then why there is a option of Background Windows.

I do; that's why I made the option available :-)

I understand that you think of all of us. Thanks for updating .
Very very thankful of u.
abuli

Post by abuli »

after updating to ff 3.09 open in background windows stop working. any ting i can do to fix this? but i need a noob guide.. thanks for ad on!!!
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

Hi abuli,

Which version of Firefox were you running before you updated to 3.09? I know that the Open in Background Window functionality fails in 3.1 Beta 3 (although it worked in 3.1 Betas 1 and 2). I will attempt to fix the problem in all versions when 3.1 is nearer to being released. I won't be able to fix the problem any earlier, I'm afraid, since I have a very busy schedule at the moment.
abuli

Post by abuli »

i always use the latest version. cant remember what it was. 3.07? I just updated in to 3.010
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

Apologies; I should have posted this back in February 2009, but forgot :-(

Here's version 1.6 for Firefox 3.

No functionality changes since 1.5.1; just a bugfix release.

VERSION:

TARGET:
Firefox 3

DOWNLOAD:
See later post below

FUNCTIONALITY:
See later post below
Last edited by Mozcerize on July 10th, 2009, 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

Here's version 1.7 for Firefox 3.5 – 3.6

No functionality changes since 1.6; just an update for Firefox 3.5 and above.
VERSION:

TARGET:
Firefox 3.5 – 3.6

DOWNLOAD:
See later post below.

FUNCTIONALITY:
See later post below.
Last edited by Mozcerize on December 7th, 2009, 5:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
nightshifter

Post by nightshifter »

Thank you for this addon and for updating! I've tried, but I just can't get used to tabs and love being able to load stuff in the background while surfing.
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

Open link in... has its first new locale! Thanks go to banthaz who has provided us with Swedish (sv-SE).

Here's version 1.7.1 for Firefox 3.5 – 3.6.

No functionality changes since 1.7; just a new locale.

VERSION:

TARGET:
Firefox 3.5 – 3.6.

DOWNLOAD:
See later post below

FUNCTIONALITY:
See later post below
Last edited by Mozcerize on December 7th, 2009, 5:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
jericane1

Post by jericane1 »

Hello,

I love your extension and I see today that you are adding locales, in particular the Swedish (sv-SE).

So, I'm French and I've translate your extension in French (fr-FR).

Here are the translated files : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qzzyn5xtwmw

Thank you to add these to your extension.
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

@jericane1: Hi! Sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks very much for your fr-FR locale!

@banthaz: thanks for the update to sv-SE with new access keys. As you suggested by email, I should probably get around to rewriting the description code so that this can be translated too.

Once I've changed the description code, I'll let both of you know so that you can provide translations for it if you wish. Then I'll release a new version of the extension with both translations fully completed. (I'd like to keep the number of updates to a minimum, since everyone I know who uses Firefox complains about how either the browser or the add-ons get updated almost every time you turn it on! :-))

Thanks to you both.
Shuttenbach

Post by Shuttenbach »

Hi,
Thanks for the great extension.
Would you please add Russian locale? The localized xpi file is here. It is version 1.6, please let me know if there are any changes required to apply the translation to newer versions.
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

Thanks Shuttenbach! This is great, there are now four extra languages. :-) (Another user has just sent me the German translations.) I'm really busy at the moment, but soon I will definitely release an update will all the locales that people have supplied.
boyn0010

Post by boyn0010 »

Is there some way to switch the default way Firefox opens a new window to put it in the background instead of the foreground? I am using 3.5.2. I do not like using tabs. This Add On works well in allowing new windows to be put in the background but I like using the center scroll mouse button to launch new windows and I cannot find any setting in Firefox that allows me to choose if new windows go in the foreground or background.

Please help.
Mozcerize

Post by Mozcerize »

Hi boyn0010,

As far as I know, there's no way of doing this. In fact, there's no way of doing background windows at all; my extension uses a rather dirty hack to achieve it, by creating a new foreground window and then hammering the original window with focus() requests until it comes back into focus, giving the impression that the other window was opened in the background.

To all those who submitted translations: sorry it's taking so long to release them! I'm really pressed for time at the moment. What I would like to do is release the next version when Firefox 3.6 (which is currently in its first beta version) is finished and released. Thanks for your patience!