freecause

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ejstith

freecause

Post by ejstith »

What is FreeCause? I am in a program, things going just fine and all of a sudden this search engine looking page comes up and it's "FreeCause" .. on the address bar it says http://rumo. **** etc ..
This is a royal pain in the butt since it kicks you out of the program you were in, so if you hit the back button you have to reload. What is this and how do I get rid of it? If it's part of FireFox I don't need it and I'll dump FireFox in a heartbeat. Thanks ..
trolly

Re: freecause

Post by trolly »

FreeCause is definitely not a part of a standard Firefox.
It seems to be a toolbar and/or search engine which had to be installed into firefox.
Google for "freecause firefox" and you will see a few options.

Where did you get firefox from?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
ejstith

Post by ejstith »

Downloaded from Mozilla. This just started the last few days. Have no idea where it came from. Thanks .
James

Post by James »

Sounds like a Ad page of sorts that can pop up on some sites as a form of revenue.
D2

Post by D2 »

hey guys i think i found the issue i uninstalled zylom toolbar and now it seems to be working! try it :D
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thank you for your report.

The thread you posted to died out more than a year ago. Locking this now due to the age of the original posts.