[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
twanno

[Ext] Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 [20060711]

Post by twanno »

Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6

With the Tab Clicking Options extension it is possible to set various actions to different clicking events on the tabbar or a tab in the firefox browser. To the following mouse click events can be assigned an action to:
  • Double clicking
  • Clicking with middle mouse button
  • Left clicking with control-key (or meta-key) pressed
  • Left clicking with alt-key pressed
  • Left clicking with shift-key pressed
And the following actions can be assigned to any of the previous events performed on a tab or the tabbar:
  • Open New Tab
  • Reload Tab
  • Reload All Tabs
  • Close Tab
  • Close Other Tabs
  • Close All Tabs
  • Duplicate Tab
  • Duplicate Tab in New Window
  • Undo Close Tab (Bon Echo 2.0b)
  • Bookmark Tab
  • Bookmark All Tabs
  • No Action
Extra Features:

When dorando's Undo Close Tab extension is installed, Tab Clicking Options will automaticaly detect that and will add a menuitem so the Undo Close Tab function can be assigned to a clicking event.
The same applies for the Click2Tab extension, where you can assign 'Reopen Last Closed Tab' to a clicking event, and for the SessionSaver extension (0.2d1 nightly 26), where a 'SnapBack Tab' option is added.

Also is IE View detected by Tab Clicking Options. When IE View is installed it is possible to view a tabs content in Internet Explorer by clicking on that tab.

Tab Clicking Options will also detect when my Duplicate Tab extension is installed. And on the first run of these two extensions together (Duplicate Tab and Tab Clicking Options), Tab Clicking Options will assign the 'selection of a tab for merging' action to the ctrl-click event on a tab. After that first run any of the other events (or no event at all) can be selected to take that action.

With Tab Clicking Options events can be set to duplicate a tab, but it lacks the advantages of the Duplicate Tab extension. For instance: this extension does not include the functionality to merge windows, the shortcut-keys to duplicate a tab and the context menu items.

More information about Tab Clicking Options

installation:
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6
Tab Clicking Options is compatible with Firefox 1.0 - 2.0b, Mozilla Suite 1.6 - 1.7 and Seamonkey 1.0.

Changelog:
Version 0.6.6
- Update Slovak localization, thanks to SlovakSoft
- Add support for Undo Close Tab in Bon Echo 2.0b

Version 0.6.5.1
- Fix duplicate tab not working or working incorrectly.

Version 0.6.5
- Updated German localization, thanks to ReinekeFux
- Added compatibility with upcomming releases of TabBrowser Preferences and Duplicate Tab

Version 0.6.4
- Added Brasilian localization, thanks to Rodrigo Bergmann Laurindo
- Added Danish localization, thanks to AlleyKat

Version 0.6.3
- Added Frysian localization, thanks to moZes.
- Updated Korean localization, thanks to Flactal.
- Fixed linux drop down menus. Bug 13155
- Fixed issue with updating to history index in cloned tab on some sites. Bug 11631

Version 0.6.2
- Fixed tab duplication on certain sites like amazon.com
- Added Slovak locale, thanks to SlovakSoft
- Updated French locale, thanks to Dagobert_78

Version 0.6.1
- Fixed compatibility with Tab Browser Preferences 1.3

New in version 0.6
- Added Bookmark Tab and Bookmark All Tabs actions (Bookmark All Tabs only in Mozilla Suite/Firefox 1.5).
- Added Japanese locale, thanks to Victory.
- Added Spanish locale, thanks to Proyecto Nave.
- Added Korean locale, thanks to Flactal.
- Localized the description of the extension.
- Fixed compatibility with New Tab Homepage extension.
Complete changelog

Twanno
Last edited by twanno on September 4th, 2006, 8:45 am, edited 26 times in total.
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

Ugh, who /.'ed MZ now?

Anyway, I also removed the other extensions from the mirror. If you want I can put them back, if you have copies of them laying around.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Is Duplicate Tab 0.2 superceded by Close Tab on Double Click 0.1.2 which is then superceded by Tab Double Click 0.1 ?

I was just looking at your web site, and was a little confused since they were all still there.

Thanks.
twanno

Post by twanno »

sasquatch wrote:Is Duplicate Tab 0.2 superceded by Close Tab on Double Click 0.1.2 which is then superceded by Tab Double Click 0.1 ?

I was just looking at your web site, and was a little confused since they were all still there.

Thanks.

Not exactly,
It is more like only Close Tab on Double Click 0.1.2 is superceded by Tab Double Click 0.1.
Duplicate Tab 0.2 might still be usefull on it's own, because you might want to use Tab Double Click for let's say closing a tab, and still use Duplicate Tab to duplicate a tab using its context menu. The context menu item of Duplicate Tab is not included in Tab Double Click, so you can use both extensions together.
crafteh

Post by crafteh »

I like it... the refresh on double click is really usefull.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Update from Tab Double Click 0.1 to Tab Clicking Options 0.1, see first post.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Double clicking on the tab bar still seems to open a new tab for me... I'd prefer that it didn't, since this is activated when I use the close tab button to close several tabs too quickly. The result is that for every 2 tabs I close, another opens. I'm using 1.0PR.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Cusser wrote:Double clicking on the tab bar still seems to open a new tab for me... I'd prefer that it didn't, since this is activated when I use the close tab button to close several tabs too quickly. The result is that for every 2 tabs I close, another opens. I'm using 1.0PR.

And you have set double clicking on the tab bar to 'Do Nothing'? That's weird, can you open about:config and post the value of "extensions.tabclicking.action" here (or if it is easier for you, from prefs.js)?
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

No problem... extensions.tabclicking.action: 0000000000
It's set to "Do Nothing" in the preferences. I just double checked.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Oh, I justed looked at the extensions you use, and I tried to find out if there were any conflicts. And it seems that Tab Browser Preferences is conflicting with double clicking on the tabbar. I will try to find out why and I am going to try to fix this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I have created an update for usage with tab browser preferences
it will be available soon (in about an hour after this post was last edited) at http://downloads.mozdev.org/twanno/tabc ... 0.1.01.xpi

This is just a small update, which disables the opening of the homepage for a new tab created by clicking on the tabbar in TBP, otherwise it should work fine. An other update which brings this option back will follow next week.

Twanno
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

twanno wrote:
sasquatch wrote:Is Duplicate Tab 0.2 superceded by Close Tab on Double Click 0.1.2 which is then superceded by Tab Double Click 0.1 ?

Thanks.

Not exactly,
It is more like only Close Tab on Double Click 0.1.2 is superceded by Tab Double Click 0.1.
Duplicate Tab 0.2 might still be usefull on it's own, because you might want to use Tab Double Click for let's say closing a tab, and still use Duplicate Tab to duplicate a tab using its context menu. The context menu item of Duplicate Tab is not included in Tab Double Click, so you can use both extensions together.

Now with this renaming, I'm really confused. Throw in my interest in Undo Close Tab, and it gets more interesting.

What replaced what, why won't they update (from extensions window), and would it just be easier to remove all your extensions and start from scratch?

;-)
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Also, your web site at http://www.twannos-extensions.tk/ doesn't list this new one. I got that web site from the Tab Double Click extension's right click "visit home page".
twanno

Post by twanno »

sasquatch wrote:Now with this renaming, I'm really confused. Throw in my interest in Undo Close Tab, and it gets more interesting.

What replaced what, why won't they update (from extensions window), and would it just be easier to remove all your extensions and start from scratch?

;-)

OK, I will explain. Close Tab on Double Click became redundant with the release of Tab Double Click 0.1. And now Tab Double Click is replaced with Tab Clicking Options, because I could not keep that name for it is not only about double clicking anymore.
It does not update, because there was not an updateurl present in Tab Double Click. I could not host an rdf file as xml on the host I used. That's one of the reasons I moved to twanno.mozdev.org.
Duplicate Tab has always have advantages with respect to Tab Double Click, so Duplicate Tab was never replaced.

sasquatch wrote: Also, your web site at http://www.twannos-extensions.tk/ doesn't list this new one. I got that web site from the Tab Double Click extension's right click "visit home page".

I still have to change that, indeed. :) . But in the extensions released today the homepage URL is changed to the right one http://twanno.mozdev.org.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

But that "right one" doesn't work.

It gives an error.

"Not Found
The requested URL /pub/mozdev/twanno/tabclickingoptions.xpi was not found on this server."