Authentication Dialog Closes in Vista

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
AussieJosh

Authentication Dialog Closes in Vista

Post by AussieJosh »

Hi All,
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I work with a number of websites that popup an authentication prompt (username and password). Anyway I've just purchased a new laptop that has the lovely combination of Vista and Firefox 3.0.1. Everything works swimmingly except for this: when I hit the URL that challenges me for the username and password, the dialog pops up as expected but then fades away after a second or two???? It's not submitted the form or anything because the page I'm on is sitting there clearly waiting for my authentication information.

Can anyone help? It's a shame to have to jump to IE or Opera just because I can't do this.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers
Josh
alexvorn2

Re: Authentication Dialog Closes in Vista

Post by alexvorn2 »

open the link in a new tab.

Post by Guest »

Amazingly that seems to work!! I was about to post a response about it being a directly entered URL but I tried that in a new tab and voila the dialog remained open. How strange?... Thanks for your help.
oakstair

Post by oakstair »

I have the exact problem and for me nothing helps!

I have tried to access the url in a new tab in a new window but the login dilaog disappears after onr or two seconds and freezes Firefox.

Extremely annoying ....
oakstair

Post by oakstair »

oakstair wrote:I have the exact problem and for me nothing helps!

I have tried to access the url in a new tab in a new window but the login dilaog disappears after onr or two seconds and freezes Firefox.

Extremely annoying ....

I forgot to mention that I am using Firefox 3.0.12 and Vista Home Premium SP1