ssl_error_bad_mac_read error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kotlomoy as guest

ssl_error_bad_mac_read error

Post by kotlomoy as guest »

Every time I open Extensions window in Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 message with ssl_error_bad_mac_read error appears.

I think it started after I tried to install Pandazilla extension
kotlomoy as quest

Re: ssl_error_bad_mac_read error

Post by kotlomoy as quest »

There is SSL topic just upped. Didn't found it with "ssl_error_bad_mac_read" query. My mistake

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:There is SSL topic just upped. Didn't found it with "ssl_error_bad_mac_read" query. My mistake
Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_read
ple tell me how to solve
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Did you install any extensions? And does it do it in Firefox Safe Mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Make sure that Firefox is closed before trying safe mode
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

Post by Guest »

I have the same error since 2 days and tried to start Firefox in safe mode, but without any success.
My os is Vista, Firefox the newest version and goes through a proxy (Squid 2.7.STABLE3 on Debian Lenny 5), but same error, if I want to connect directly.

The problem only happens sometimes, if I try to connect a Web-Gui in local area network in ssl modus!
the one from yesterday

Post by the one from yesterday »

I think the problem has been solved. I'm not sure fore the reason why, I deinstalled firefox windows mediaplayer plugin, deactivated teamviewer autostart and other unneeded services of vista.
I think, the problem can be found on system self. A few minutes, before I made this setting, I had an unexpected error in ssl with putty.
What I have noticed with Firefox in relation with described ssl_error_bad_mac_read error was, that every new ssl site I opened, I saw a shortly blank white screen!

Post by Guest »

I also have this error. Why didn't anyone come back and report the fix?
teoli2003

Post by teoli2003 »

Because this is a server problem (or proxy). After some times the site owner fix his server. That's not a problem in Firefox.
Nunya_Business

Post by Nunya_Business »

teoli2003 wrote:Because this is a server problem (or proxy). After some times the site owner fix his server. That's not a problem in Firefox.

I am having this as well with FF 3.0.13, I do.nt have any problems opening the same pages with IE6 which indicates to me the server is fine. I also get "Redirect Loop" errors using FF but not with IE
Todd TCE

Post by Todd TCE »

Problem persists on two of my machines. Tried the cache clearing thing and that did nothing. Any other ideas for the layman type?
guest22222

Post by guest22222 »

i have this problem in IE, firefox and google chrome. I didnt installed any addons; because this is a brand new laptop. My old laptop didnt had any problems. It allso won'tb let me use msn and stuff ... only easy to load site's work..
student101

Post by student101 »

guest22222 wrote:i have this problem in IE, firefox and google chrome. I didnt installed any addons; because this is a brand new laptop. My old laptop didnt had any problems. It allso won'tb let me use msn and stuff ... only easy to load site's work..

same here , bought a new laptop and for me to view any sites with some kind of authentication, i either get that ssl-error-bad-read, or the page loads up and is visible for a split second ,then firefox will come up with something along the lines "the connection to "xxx.xxxxxx.xx.xx" was interupted - then it will recommend that i check my firewall settings etc" im not a complete noob and have tried all the general recommendations known to regular pc users but i cant seem to get around this.
im running windows 7,i have reinstalled firefoxfox - ive run it in safe mode - disabled addons - disbled the firewall (temporarily) (i fully scanned the laptop after so theres nothing lurking about ).

Also i have noticed that if i keep refreshing a page after the ssl-bad mac.....error it will eventually load the page (on avarage 3 - 5 refreshes)
If i try to up date firefox via HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES i get the following error "Update XML file malformed (200)"

Anone else had any luck ?
rotodyne

Post by rotodyne »

I have been having literally the exact same problems as you with a brand new Asus. It's driving me crazy trying to find the cause!
TheCabDriver

Post by TheCabDriver »

student101 wrote:
guest22222 wrote:i have this problem in IE, firefox and google chrome. I didnt installed any addons; because this is a brand new laptop. My old laptop didnt had any problems. It allso won'tb let me use msn and stuff ... only easy to load site's work..

same here , bought a new laptop and for me to view any sites with some kind of authentication, i either get that ssl-error-bad-read, or the page loads up and is visible for a split second ,then firefox will come up with something along the lines "the connection to "xxx.xxxxxx.xx.xx" was interupted - then it will recommend that i check my firewall settings etc" im not a complete noob and have tried all the general recommendations known to regular pc users but i cant seem to get around this.
im running windows 7,i have reinstalled firefoxfox - ive run it in safe mode - disabled addons - disbled the firewall (temporarily) (i fully scanned the laptop after so theres nothing lurking about ).

Also i have noticed that if i keep refreshing a page after the ssl-bad mac.....error it will eventually load the page (on avarage 3 - 5 refreshes)
If i try to up date firefox via HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES i get the following error "Update XML file malformed (200)"

Anone else had any luck ?

I bought a brand new Asus and I'm having the EXACT same problems. So frustrating...anyone know what the problem is?
MaxTheJavist

Post by MaxTheJavist »

I have also an ASUS and the same problem...