Firefox 3.5 Excessive CPU/Memory Usage(Copernic issue)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
treimer

Re: Firefox 3.5 Excessive CPU/Memory Usage(Copernic issue)

Post by treimer »

reft,

the copernic extension proved to be the problem here. thanks for your careful description of symptoms, which matched mine exactly, and your thorough approach. you saved me a lot of time and trouble.
pabouk

Post by pabouk »

There is a new version of Copernic Desktop Search - 3.2.1 (Build 8). It seems that the new version is not offered through the automatic update yet.
I upgraded CDS a while ago and it seems that the problem is gone :)

The changes also mention "Fixed an issue with Firefox 3.5 indexing": http://www.copernic.com/en/products/des ... s-new.html
Last edited by pabouk on August 14th, 2009, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Thanks for the update pabouk.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
MHeidinger

Post by MHeidinger »

I upgraded manually and it really seems to have solved the problem, no CPU load anymore even after re-activating the add-on.
OT: Apart from that, another CDS problem has been solved re mails no longer found despite them being still available in .pst files ...
Limey007

Post by Limey007 »

I am running Firefox 3.5 and am getting very high memory and cpu usage. i.e. 50% or higher cpu and up to one GB of Mem usage. Till it hangs. I uninstalled all of my addons - no change. I reinstalled Firefox - no change. Help?
djcrazy

Post by djcrazy »

3.36 uses excessive CUP always. I admit I have 4 instances running with 6 to 8 tabs each but this seems to be an issue with 3.35 and higher. I used to have even more tabs open in 5 instances on 3.0 and cpu was 1-3%. I disabled the addons and restarted and this did not help. The only addons I am running is AdBlock Plus, WOT, and flagfox. They are not the problem and this is good because AdBlock Plus is an absolute essential and I like WOT as well. Anyone running FF without AdBlock Plus has to be nuts! Anyway I hope a new version addresses this issue. In the meantime I think I will go back to 3.0
djcrazy

Post by djcrazy »

djcrazy wrote:3.36 uses excessive CUP always. I admit I have 4 instances running with 6 to 8 tabs each but this seems to be an issue with 3.35 and higher. I used to have even more tabs open in 5 instances on 3.0 and cpu was 1-3%. I disabled the addons and restarted and this did not help. The only addons I am running is AdBlock Plus, WOT, and flagfox. They are not the problem and this is good because AdBlock Plus is an absolute essential and I like WOT as well. Anyone running FF without AdBlock Plus has to be nuts! Anyway I hope a new version addresses this issue. In the meantime I think I will go back to 3.0

Sorry about Typo. First sentence should read "3.36 uses excessive CPU always"
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

djcrazy--

This thread is about an issue with Copernic. You have a different issue. If you would like help please start a new thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."