Forum support

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
unknown10

Forum support

Post by unknown10 »

Can anyone direct me to support for this forum. I have forgotten both my user name and password as it has been a long time since I last logged in. But I still have the same email address so can't create a new account. Staff don't take emails and I cannot find a site administrator so what is my next option, if any? Thanks
LoudNoise

Re: Forum support

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Site Discussion

Do you remember the email you used? If you do, please PM it to me. FYI, a couple of years back we had a database crash. There is a chance your account was eaten.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
unknown10

Post by unknown10 »

Love to! How do I do that?
James

Post by James »

If you are using the same email address then the old account was likely lost in the forum crash in October 2007. You cannot use the same email address with two existing accounts. About 1983 accounts were lost at the time I figured.

If you can remember the name or perhaps even some of the threads or names of threads you posted in it may help. Though the old username would have to found by way of Google site search and hope you name was either cached or quoted by somebody in a thread.
krunge

Post by krunge »

Thanks to the forum moderators for your help. My original email address has been reset and I have set up an account using that address. Thanks again.
James

Post by James »

Oh so your email address was already in use by a existing account after all? and was able to log into the old krunge account ?
krunge

Post by krunge »

Is your post meant to reflect annoyance or surprise? Either way, as I said in my OP I could not remember both my user name or password. Attempts to set up an a new account using my email address failed because the board reported that it was already in use. I knew this of course because I have had the same email address for at least 15 years. I also could not retrieve either my user name or password because one or the other was required to retrieve the other. So I was stuck. Thanks again to LoudNoise for helping me back.
James

Post by James »

You made it seem like you could still remember the email address you used but you did not say until now that the forum was reporting the email address was already in use meaning your old account still existed versus being lost in crash
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Sorry for the confusion folks. I dealt with most of this via PMs.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."