Problem with message boards

Closed Forum
Mr. Mike

Problem with message boards

Post by Mr. Mike »

Please forgive me if this question has been posted. I really tried to search previous posts, but I had no luck.

When I go to a website and load their message board (eat.epicurious.com), everything loads fine; text is readable and perfect. If I open a post, everything works well. The problem comes when I close the post by using the back button. The original message board loads with garbled text, lines out of place, overlapping, etc. A real mess. Sometimes it can be corrected by hitting the reload button, but most often not.

I know others are using Mozilla on this message board, and they do not have this problem.

I am running windows 2000.

Thanks in advance!!!

Michael
Mr. Mike

OOOps. I'm using Firebird. Sorry. (eom)

Post by Mr. Mike »

no text
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

What version are you using - look under Help and About?
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Delete your other thread please. You double-posted.
Mesmerize

Post by Mesmerize »

I also have a problem with message boards. On IGN boards, whenever I try to make a post, it just sits there loading, and saying "Transferring data from...". I click the link to go to the thread and I find that my post HAS been put up, but it doesn't take me to the "message posted!" screen.

On another board, it randomly double posts, even though I only clicked the button once.
amr

Post by amr »

IGN Boards is wiggy for me too, on occasion. Not sure what causes it. Doesn't seem to be related to a specific board.
Zarggg

Post by Zarggg »

Occasionally ezboard does it to me, on one of my boards. The board has a black background with light grey text normal text (as apposed to links), but occasionally the light grey is black. I think it may be due to CSS error, but not 100% on that. If anyone wants to look at it, I'll provide a link. The bug seems to occur randomly, but is fixed (usually) by Ctrl-Reload.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.2.0

Post by Guest »

I got a problem with ezboards.. the whole left column showing thread status is missing and when I go to reply to a post, the options to make a Quote, link to an Image, etc is missing.
http://pub208.ezboard.com/fweendotnetforum16662frm1

Post by Guest »

I have a problem in ezboards...when I post a link, it doesn't open up in a new window for the forum members. I love firefox so please help!!