Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Paenglab

Re: New addon to compact header plane in Thunderbird 3.0

Post by Paenglab »

neandr wrote:
Paenglab wrote:I tweaked your 0.4.4 with my proposal and it looks like this:

Could you post your complete code somewhere, please ?? :D

You can find the whole xpi here: CompactHeader-0.4.4.p.xpi

I deactivated the moveOtherActionBox() calls in compactHeaderOverlay.js and rearranged the tagMenuPopup inside the otherHeadersAndButtonsBox
Nuvola theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
neandr

Post by neandr »

@Paenglab » Posted 26 Aug 2009 12:12 am
Good progress!!

I like the stacking of the [other actions] and [Tag] ... but how to get it aligned as with your other posting
http://mozilla.paenglab.ch/temp/CH-Header.png ?
And does that setup also scrolls all of the buttons with more header lines?

I have made two additions to support the [View Header]:
- first disable the [All] headers together with choosing the compact header display:

Code: Select all

<hbox id="expandedHeaderView">
         <vbox id="hideDetailsButtonID" insertbefore="expandedHeaders">
            <button id="hideDetailsButton" tooltiptext="&hideDetailsButton.label;"
               onclick="coheToggleHeaderView(); MsgViewNormalHeaders();" class="msgHeaderView-button msgHeaderView-flat-button" />
         </vbox>

and second to include the [View Header] menu with the [other actions] :

key="key_toggleFlagged" />

<menu id="all_ov1" label="View Headers..">
                                    <menupopup id="all_ov1popup" onpopupshowing="InitViewHeadersMenu();">
                                        <menuitem id="viewallheaders" label="All" type="radio"
                                            name="viewheadergroup" oncommand="MsgViewAllHeaders();" />
                                        <menuitem id="viewnormalheaders" label="Normal" type="radio"
                                            name="viewheadergroup" oncommand="MsgViewNormalHeaders();" />
                                    </menupopup>
                                </menu>

<menuseparator id="otherActionPopupAfterViewSource" />
            <menuitem id="hideDetailsMenu" label="&hideDetailsButton.label;"
               oncommand="coheToggleHeaderView(); MsgViewNormalHeaders();" />
            <menuitem id="hidecohePreferencesButton" label="&dialog.title;"
               oncommand="openDialog('chrome://CompactHeader/content/preferences.xul', 'prefs', 'chrome,resizable=no');" />
         </menupopup>

..also here the [Hide details] menuitem changes the header back to 'Normal' so toggling the twisty in any case will go back to 'Normal' headers.

Another cosmetic to the preferences.xul to get back the dialog at the last opened position:

<dialog id="cohePreferences" title="&dialog.title;" xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"
  onload="onLoad()" ondialogaccept="return onDialogAccept()"
  persist="screenX screenY" >

Last not least
I would like to see the whole buttons/ menus sit at the top (with the first or first+second header line(s)) while scrolling thru the header lines. That may cost some horizontal space, but with icons for the [other actions] and [Tag] buttons that could be reduced to a minimum.
//gW / Ubuntu11.04 / MAC 10.5 / WIN7; FX / TB 6.x
Paenglab

Post by Paenglab »

neandr wrote:@Paenglab » Posted 26 Aug 2009 12:12 am
Good progress!!

I like the stacking of the [other actions] and [Tag] ... but how to get it aligned as with your other posting
http://mozilla.paenglab.ch/temp/CH-Header.png ?
And does that setup also scrolls all of the buttons with more header lines?

Yes the two menubuttons scrolls with the more headers. That's because the otherActionsBox is a child of otherHeadersAndButtonsBox and this whole box scrolls.

neandr wrote:I have made two additions to support the [View Header]

I see the menu entrys in View header in the header pane not updated, when I change the view thru the normal menu.
neandr

Post by neandr »

Paenglab » 26 Aug 2009 05:35 am wrote:I see the menu entrys in View header in the header pane not updated, when I change the view thru the normal menu.

.. and viceversa, yes you got the weak point of it, needs some addition here ..
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

neandr wrote:
Paenglab » 26 Aug 2009 05:35 am wrote:I see the menu entrys in View header in the header pane not updated, when I change the view thru the normal menu.

.. and viceversa, yes you got the weak point of it, needs some addition here ..

The problem is that the function InitViewHeadersMenu() is using hard coded menuitem ids. If you just copy the xul code from the main menu this ids will exist twice. So they are not updated correctly from the function InitViewHeadersMenu().

A quick hack is to add a new function MyInitViewHeadersMenu() and use new menu ids like my_viewallheaders and my_viewnormalheaders for the menu items inside the "Other Actions" menu. The correct solution (in my opinion) would be to add a parameter to the function InitViewHeadersMenu() to specify the menu to be updated (like in the function InitMessageTags() for the tag menu).

The quick hack will be added to the next version of CompactHeader. For the other solution I will file a bug at bugzilla.mozilla.org.
stylo~

Post by stylo~ »

>>Experimental addons are not updated automatically

Thanks! (How silly. It doesn't auto-install, it just notifies you and lets you update, we already know it's experimental.)

Can anyone confirm they can see the trash button when highlighting multiple messages? Or explain how to get icons not buttons?
"...doing justice only where we praise,
because we are the branch, the iron blade,
and sweet danger, ripening from within."
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

neandr wrote:@Paenglab » Posted 26 Aug 2009 12:12 am
Last not least
I would like to see the whole buttons/ menus sit at the top (with the first or first+second header line(s)) while scrolling thru the header lines. That may cost some horizontal space, but with icons for the [other actions] and [Tag] buttons that could be reduced to a minimum.

Is it possible to create a new "xul layer" on top of another one to put elements there and specify an "alpha channel" or "transparency" like you can do it in image processing? Then it shouldn't be a big problem to move the button box and the menus into this layer (like I did it with the menus in the version 0.4.4 with the function moveOtherActionBox()).
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

jmozmoz wrote:The quick hack will be added to the next version of CompactHeader. For the other solution I will file a bug at bugzilla.mozilla.org.

Quick hack: Version 0.4.5
Bugzilla: Bug 512828
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Thank you for removing the #menuLineBox hbox. The scrollbars are no longer an issue. Everything is coming along quite nicely!!!
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
zamula

Post by zamula »

stylo~ wrote:>>Experimental addons are not updated automatically

Thanks! (How silly. It doesn't auto-install, it just notifies you and lets you update, we already know it's experimental.)

Can anyone confirm they can see the trash button when highlighting multiple messages? Or explain how to get icons not buttons?

Can you post a screen-shot of what you're seeing? Just curious. Also, where are you not seeing icons -- just when selecting multiple messages or other places too.
And if this does turn out to be TB3 Classic theme specific, let's move the discussion to that thread, so as to not clutter up this one :)
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

zamula wrote:
stylo~ wrote:>>Experimental addons are not updated automatically

Can you post a screen-shot of what you're seeing? Just curious. Also, where are you not seeing icons -- just when selecting multiple messages or other places too.
And if this does turn out to be TB3 Classic theme specific, let's move the discussion to that thread, so as to not clutter up this one :)

I think this is what stylo is seeing. I have all buttons turned off, yet, the archive and trash buttons show when 2 or more messages are highlighted. I'm using TB Classic 1.0.8 and CompactHeader 0.4.5.

Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Paenglab

Post by Paenglab »

@L.A.R. Grizzly and stylo~
Have you this multimessage view tested with CompactHeader disabled? If there is still no icon, it's not a problem of CompactHeader.
I checked with DOM Inspector and saw no reference to CompactHeader style sheets.
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

Paenglab wrote:@L.A.R. Grizzly and stylo~
Have you this multimessage view tested with CompactHeader disabled? If there is still no icon, it's not a problem of CompactHeader.
I checked with DOM Inspector and saw no reference to CompactHeader style sheets.

I checked this already:
jmozmoz wrote:
stylo~ wrote:Problem: I have the tb classic theme and this addon. I have 3 icons showing in the header pane. When I highlight 2+ messages, my 3 icons disappear and I get an archive button and a little blank button with no label.

How can I keep my 3 icons showing? Or maybe my reply icon shouldn't (or be grayed out), but my archive and trash icons should not move.

Also, why doesn't Addons/"Find updates" find the latest version?

I tried what is the default behavior without the CompactHeader addon and the TB3 classic theme:

Two buttons appear if you select more than one message: Archive and Delete (as icon). The icon of the delete button disappears after installing the TB3 classic theme. The CompactHeader addon does not change the default behavior. So I guess this is a problem of the theme.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Paenglab wrote:@L.A.R. Grizzly and stylo~

I disabled TB Classic and CompactHeader. The problem still exists. Your TB Classic is what is killing the trash icon. It reappeared after disabling the theme.

Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
neandr

Post by neandr »

Based on the work done by Paenglab I updated the current version 0.4.5 and get the following snapshots (this is with WINxp (see below) and standard theme):

The expanded header does have the buttons for [other actions] and [tag] but just icons.

This gives more horizontal space for the header:

There are some other mods like disable 'all' headers with using the [-] twisty.
(anyone interested for this version, pl. drop a PM)