Force Quit to Exit Firefox (Mac)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
suite5r

Force Quit to Exit Firefox (Mac)

Post by suite5r »

I am a long time user of Firefox presently v3.5.2 on my MacBook Pro with SL10.6.

For months now, even with earlier versions of both Firefox and Mac OS 10.5 or less, I must use Force Quit to exit.

The first command to Quit appears to be ignored, and the second always requires 'Force Quit' which results in the beach ball, and after 20 seconds or so, the quit is executed.

I completely removed Firefox, and downloaded a new copy which did not solve the problem. My permissions are perfect. I have no other problems with my MacBook Pro software.

There are two apparent plug ins. Open It online and Xmarks and neither appears to be working properly under SL 10.6 so I have attempted to delete them.

Suggestions would be welcome.
DanRaisch

Re: Force Quit to Exit Firefox (Mac)

Post by DanRaisch »

Try creating a new profile and test Firefox with that profile, before installing any extensions or non-default themes -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
Egidio

Re: Force Quit to Exit Firefox (Mac)

Post by Egidio »

suite5r wrote:I completely removed Firefox, and downloaded a new copy which did not solve the problem. My permissions are perfect. I have no other problems with my MacBook Pro software.

By "completely removed Firefox," I take you mean the application, the plist file and the FF folder in the Application Support area, right? I don't know what the problem could be other than a possible glitch with SL. I use FF on 3 different Macs, but none with SL. I also use XMarks but do not run into the problems you're experiencing. I take it that Dan's suggestion could lead you to a solution.

Egídio
Mac OS X [10.6.4]