Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs..

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CassHW

Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs..

Post by CassHW »

Hi there,
since I've upgraded to FF 3.5.2, each time I start FF I get the message:

Well, this is embarrassing.

Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually
caused by a recently opened web page.

etc..

I saw that it is a reported bug there https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=502865

is there a solution/patch?

it is very annoying!
thank you
SK.

Re: Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs..

Post by SK. »

Which URLs?
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
davolente

Post by davolente »

The reference seems to be KDE on Linux but I get the same and I'm on XP. Any URL.
SK.

Post by SK. »

There could be an extension in the way. Which Firefox extensions?
Gort51

Post by Gort51 »

I too just got that message.
I am running FireFox 3.5.2 and during my last session the browser crashed. There may have been some type of pop-up or redirecting link on my last page page. on the new session, I clicked the Home icon on the Navigation Bar and all is good.

Well, this is embarrassing.
Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently opened web page.
You can try:
* Removing one or more tabs that you think may be causing the problem
* Starting an entirely new browsing session
SK.

Post by SK. »

Gort51: These topics can get very confused if more than one person is helped. Please start a new topic so we can help both of you better. Thanks.
lasherxxxxxx

Post by lasherxxxxxx »

It seems to me to that all users with similar problems should post to a common thread. If only one person can occupy a thread doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? Anyway, same problem here. I've installed 3.5.2 on 3 different machines - two are brand new of the box no extensions - and get this error every time. Vista64 on one machine, XP Pro and XP Home on the other two.

Thanks
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

No, it does not defeat the whole purpose. It only makes it more difficult for everyone to follow. "Similar" problems or even the "same" problem may not be related at all. There are way too many variables, including the computer that each is using, the programs installed, any extensions installed and so on. We don't ask people to start new topics just to be difficult. We do it to be able to help each of you better.
Roger5699

Post by Roger5699 »

I am having the same problem with Windows XP and a recently installed FF 3.5.2. The problem never occurred with previous versions of FF and I am doing my usual things while logged on and while on the internet. Instead of quibbling about how many people with the same problem should be involved in this, why not focus on what it is in FF 3.5.2 that is not in earlier versions of FF that is causing this?
Roger5699

Post by Roger5699 »

Anonymous wrote:I am having the same problem with Windows XP and a recently installed FF 3.5.2. The problem never occurred with previous versions of FF and I am doing my usual things while logged on and while on the internet. Instead of quibbling about how many people with the same problem should be involved in this, why not focus on what it is in FF 3.5.2 that is not in earlier versions of FF that is causing this?
If it matters, my computer is a Lenovo X61 running Windows XP Professional.
SK.

Post by SK. »

Roger5699: Did you miss Daifne's posts above? Please start your own topic thread.
Roger5699

Post by Roger5699 »

I did read Daifne's and your posts which is not necessarily the same as agreeing with them. I agree with "lasher". But I guess you and Daifne are running this so I'll start a new thread If I can figure out how to.
SK.

Post by SK. »

It's not that Daifne and I are "running this." There are rules to this little community and we expect all who visit to abide by them.

To start a new topic, click on the [New Topic*] button at the top of any forum topic list page.
Moderbator

Post by Moderbator »

This thread is about the 'embarrassing' error in firefox, and applies to anyone who has the error, myself included. Does anyone REALLY think that having 100+ threads from different people about the same error is a smart way to handle this? Ridiculous. This thread is about the firefox error, not one single person who's getting it.

I've read that this might be caused by having a whole lot of tabs open at some point, and from then on you are stuck with this error. That's how it's worked in my experience and I've had this error ever since this new version came out. Without fail, when I start firefox for the first time it takes about 90 seconds for it to come up, then I get the embarrassing error, then it goes ahead and loads the pages anyway like there was no problem.
D3FC0N

Post by D3FC0N »

I too just got that error.
Wasn't running anything in particular, standard extensions such as adblock, fb toolbar...
Only had this since 3.5.2