Remove Most Visited button from toolbar?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
M_Lyons10

Remove Most Visited button from toolbar?

Post by M_Lyons10 »

I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0, and see the "Most Visited" button in the toolbar. I don't want this there. My toolbar is busy enough as it is, and I prefer simplicity really... Going to "Customize" doesn't allow me to remove this though. Is there a trick or something in the options that I am not seeing? I would really appreciate some help, as I don't want this there...

Thanks Again,
bollix47
Folder@Home

Re: Remove Most Visited button from toolbar?

Post by bollix47 »

Did you try right-clicking on it and selecting delete?
JD 2007

Post by JD 2007 »

Right click. "Delete"
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Less drastic solution:

Bookmarks | Bookmarks Toolbar
Drag Most Visited out of this folder and drop it somewhere else in your bookmarks list.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
M_Lyons10

Post by M_Lyons10 »

Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I thought this would work like the Customize, but I guess this isn't a button on the toolbar? Oh well, I'm just glad it's gone.

Thanks Again for your help.
nmaynan

Post by nmaynan »

is there a way to recreate this folder after you've deleted? without using undo that is.
jabpiper

Post by jabpiper »

Ok, so I deleted this immediately on installing, and now i want it back!

How can I get it back?
jabpiper

Post by jabpiper »

Anonymous wrote:Ok, so I deleted this immediately on installing, and now i want it back!

How can I get it back?
I found the answer after just a bit more digging. Thanks to the user that posted this solution. See the below link for fix.

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla. ... d?lnk=raot
zafar

9fr4xw

Post by zafar »

M_Lyons10 wrote:I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0, and see the "Most Visited" button in the toolbar. I don't want this there. My toolbar is busy enough as it is, and I prefer simplicity really... Going to "Customize" doesn't allow me to remove this though. Is there a trick or something in the options that I am not seeing? I would really appreciate some help, as I don't want this there...

Thanks Again,
dumblonde

Post by dumblonde »

You can also right click somewhere else on your toolbar & then remove the check mark beside "Bookmarks Toolbar". That will make it not show up.
mrgcav2

Post by mrgcav2 »

I have Firefox v3.07. Their is an icon stuck on my most visited toolbar. It will not delete. Right clicking > properties shows nothing.
How can I remove this useless icon. I believe it installed itself onto my toolbar. What file do I need to delete

(email removed)

?

[edit]email removed. No email support available here but heaps of harvesting robots. LIMPET235 (Moderator)[/edit]
harryrakhraj

Post by harryrakhraj »

My problem is the exact opposite: there are sites I have to visit daily, most times more than twice daily, but these do not show up in my Most Visited. Is there anything I can do to make them show up?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Post by Guest »

browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion is always 2 starting from some version. And no matter how you set it, it returns to "2" upon restarting, tested with clean profile on Firefox 3.7a1
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

That should of course happen because setting the pref to 0 will force Firefox to restore (add) a new set of default smart bookmarks.
So if that pref would stay at 0 then you get an extra set with every start.