TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
zamula

Re: TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Post by zamula »

I just posted a new version that adds back the old icons in the compose window. Also please note that since the compact header extension is now being actively developed, I removed my direct link and linked to the thread instead.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

zamula wrote:I just posted a new version that adds back the old icons in the compose window. Also please note that since the compact header extension is now being actively developed, I removed my direct link and linked to the thread instead.

I noticed that your link had the new version (1.0.5), so I hurried and installed it! Kudos! Wonderful job!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
zamula

Post by zamula »

I added a link in my first post to my version of a 2-line compact header extension. It's very experimental, but for those who actually like the buttons in the header, it might be useful.
StoneCold

Post by StoneCold »

Well done. This is looking much more professional, than the Tango Linux icons in the default theme. The TB 2 theme perfectly fits with XP, but I never liked the Inbox/Outbox icons, but thats another story,hehe.

Keep on your good work, and thanks for doing this. :)
zamula

Post by zamula »

I've added links to a couple of new mods of the latest version of the compact header extension.
Mod 1 keeps the 1-line compact header, but adds back iconic buttons in the expanded header view.
Mod 2 features a 2-line compact header, always showing the iconic buttons.
zamula

Post by zamula »

I just posted a new version with some CSS changes to make the display more compatible with the compact header extension.
zamula

Post by zamula »

Now that the compact header extension has the option for 2 lines, I've removed my experimental version.
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

There seems to be a problem with the latest version (1.0.7) of the theme and the latest version of CompactHeader (0.4.0):
The buttons in the header plane are always displayed without text regardless of the option chosen in the preferences of CompactHeader. This happens only if the theme TB3 classic is active.
zamula

Post by zamula »

jmozmoz wrote:There seems to be a problem with the latest version (1.0.7) of the theme and the latest version of CompactHeader (0.4.0):
The buttons in the header plane are always displayed without text regardless of the option chosen in the preferences of CompactHeader. This happens only if the theme TB3 classic is active.

I've uploaded a new version that will allow the options from CompactHeader to work correctly. (In prior versions of the theme I forced the buttons to be iconic only.)
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

Could you please add an icon for the toolbar button "Archive". This button is not available for the toolbar at the moment but referenced in the default theme, e.g. here. In your theme it should be the 11th icon in the file mail-toolbar.png (yellow folder with green arrow).

I would like to use it for CompactHeader. In the future the icons of the toolbar buttons will be used for the header pane button icons. Then changes in the theme / the size of the toolbar icons are also observed by the header pane.
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

TB3 Classic 1.0.8 breaks the Gloda results page theme in current Shredder nightly builds.

To reproduce: type something into the search bar and <ENTER>. Tab opens with results, but has no styling.
zamula

Post by zamula »

jmozmoz wrote:Could you please add an icon for the toolbar button "Archive". This button is not available for the toolbar at the moment but referenced in the default theme, e.g. here. In your theme it should be the 11th icon in the file mail-toolbar.png (yellow folder with green arrow).

I would like to use it for CompactHeader. In the future the icons of the toolbar buttons will be used for the header pane button icons. Then changes in the theme / the size of the toolbar icons are also observed by the header pane.

So you want me to add it the primaryToolbar.css, with something like this, but with the old icons in my theme:

Code: Select all

#button-archive {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px 480px 24px 456px);
}
#button-archive:hover {
  -moz-image-region: rect(24px 480px 48px 456px);
}
#button-archive[disabled] {
  -moz-image-region: rect(48px 480px 72px 456px) !important;
}

I'll try to do that in the next few days, but I've been quite busy and would like to wait until the last-minute flurry of changes settles down.
zamula

Post by zamula »

C@rb0n wrote:TB3 Classic 1.0.8 breaks the Gloda results page theme in current Shredder nightly builds.

To reproduce: type something into the search bar and <ENTER>. Tab opens with results, but has no styling.

This is probably because my theme only copies over the new icons with a few CSS tweaks, but it seems there have been quite a few changes to the default theme, so they would not have been incorporated.

I'll try to provide an update in a few days, but I've been rather busy, plus I want to wait until the pace of updates slows down and the new GUI changes are fairly stable. If you don't hear back from me next week, please kindly provide a few nags :)
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

zamula wrote:I'll try to provide an update in a few days, but I've been rather busy, plus I want to wait until the pace of updates slows down and the new GUI changes are fairly stable. If you don't hear back from me next week, please kindly provide a few nags :)

Yeah, updating has been brisk -- for better and for worse. 8-[

Thanks
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

zamula wrote:So you want me to add it the primaryToolbar.css, with something like this, but with the old icons in my theme:

Code: Select all

#button-archive {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px 480px 24px 456px);
}
#button-archive:hover {
  -moz-image-region: rect(24px 480px 48px 456px);
}
#button-archive[disabled] {
  -moz-image-region: rect(48px 480px 72px 456px) !important;
}

I'll try to do that in the next few days, but I've been quite busy and would like to wait until the last-minute flurry of changes settles down.

Exactly :D