Have to click on some links twice before FF will open them.

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
heat84

Have to click on some links twice before FF will open them.

Post by heat84 »

Sometimes I have to click on a link twice before FF will open them. Why is this happening?
Columba

Post by Columba »

I've heard the problem more often so you're not alone. That's all I can say about it.
Have you already found out if it makes a difference if you renew your profile?
heat84

Post by heat84 »

What do you mean profile?
ShadowBottle

Post by ShadowBottle »

Ive done a whole slew of things without any luck ): It almost seems like its a page resolution issue (throbber acts like its loading a page) but the page loads so fast after the second click that it's not very likely. It seems to happen completley randomly too. I too have experienced the double click issue.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I have found that in FF if I have multiple windows up, I sometimes need to click somewhere in the FF window to regain the focus. Might explain why you need to click twice (once to get focus and second to click). When this happens do you see the "hand"?
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
heat84

Post by heat84 »

Hmm I never noticed if I saw the hand both times I clicked on the links. But I know there must have been times when I only had one FF window open and no other program open (besides background ones) that this happened. So I don't think thats the case.
heat84

Post by heat84 »

I think FireFox's Ad-Blocker is causing this.
Bama

Click twice

Post by Bama »

Same case; however, do not know if its a problem. I don't believe it existed when I 1st downloaded ff 9.3.

However, I find that when I click "stop" or "X", then click I proceed. If I don't click stop, then my hour glass runs for few seconds and I must click again.

OS Windows 98se.
heat84

Post by heat84 »

I still have 9.1. I'll upgrade and see what happens.
Racer

Post by Racer »

This is most often caused by JavaScript links being clicked before the page is completely loaded. As part of the popup blocker, scripting (ala JS links) is disabled until the page is loaded.
BernieLJ

Re: Have to click on some links twice before FF will open th

Post by BernieLJ »

heat84 wrote:Sometimes I have to click on a link twice before FF will open them. Why is this happening?

I haven't had to click twice yet, but I just installed Firefox and Thunderbird today, so it's too early to tell.

I am getting used to the "tabs" that show up if I click on a button on the website, at least the one website that I was trying to navigate around in.

I was trying to go from the homepage to a link where you can see other people's webcams, and that worked ok, but when I tried to click on the link that's supposed to allow me to start my webcam up, the link wouldn't work, and instead, those tabs would show up, each time I clicked to start the webcam "broadcasting," another navigation tab would show up above the homepage display, instead of seeing the webcam "tool" menu...Well, I can't think of what they call it right now, but I call it the tool menu...It's where I can open a preview window, to see what other people would see if I turned the webcam broadcasting on, and the button for turning the broadcasting on, etc.

Before, with Internet Explorer, using WIN-XP and Service Pack 2, and having the pop-up blocker turned on, in order for the broadcast link to come up, I'd have to hold the CTRL button or key down before clicking, but that doesn't help in Firefox.

Also, I'm wondering if there's a way to run the "Privacy" tools automatically, when closing Firefox, as I know you can click on the "Tools, Options, Privacy, Clear All" to clear things, but is there an automatic way of doing that?

With Internet Explorer I used IE Privacy Keeper to automatically clear browser histories, and other things, on close of the last browser window, and I see that there's Clean Cache 2.0 to do that too, but those are for Internet Explorer.
:)
Have a Great Day,
BernieLJ
BernieLJ

Post by BernieLJ »

heat84 wrote:What do you mean profile?

Maybe he means to the Right of the forum here, where you see the word "Profile" under "User Links?"

I'm not sure what he meant by renewing it, as I just became a new member of the forum within the past ten minutes or so.
Have a Great Day,
BernieLJ
heat84

Post by heat84 »

BernieLJ wrote:

Maybe he means to the Right of the forum here, where you see the word "Profile" under "User Links?"

I'm not sure what he meant by renewing it, as I just became a new member of the forum within the past ten minutes or so.

If you got Start Menu/Run and type "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p a profile manager window comes up. I wonder why the FF installer says nothing about profiles or why theres no way to access your profiles in the FF browser.

Anyone know why the profile manager crashes when you try to delete a profile?
BernieLJ

Post by BernieLJ »

heat84 wrote:
BernieLJ wrote:

If you got Start Menu/Run and type "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p a profile manager window comes up. I wonder why the FF installer says nothing about profiles or why theres no way to access your profiles in the FF browser.

Anyone know why the profile manager crashes when you try to delete a profile?

Hmm...I was in another thread earlier, but all I get when I type what you had there is the start page in Firefox...I do get a Profile Manager though when going through the Start Menu to the Mozilla Thunderbird listing...I don't know if that's a different Profile Manager, being it's under the e-mail program instead of the browser, than what you get or see?
Have a Great Day,
BernieLJ