"google update" plugin

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
mathman

"google update" plugin

Post by mathman »

After installing chrome to have a play with it I now seem to have a "google update" plugin in firefox. Is chrome sharing plugins with firefox? Or am I mistaken as to where this plugin came from.
SK.

Re: "google update" plugin

Post by SK. »

Please contact Google with questions about Chrome. So far as I know, there is no plugin sharing between the two applications.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

There are several parts of Firefox which are updated by Google.
One is the security "blacklist" for spoofed sites and another is the Google Search in the navigation bar.
The update may be for something else.
Look in your about:config file and see if there's something added over and above the search and security.

Might not hurt to see what the Google update plugin is linked too.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Kudo

Post by Kudo »

I just notice this too. I am going to take Grumpus advice and check! Thanks!
steviex

Post by steviex »

For help with Google Chrome, try this Unofficial Forum, HERE http://www.chrome-forums.net/
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
GS0ZHr67mWxCk9wC

Post by GS0ZHr67mWxCk9wC »

If anyone's interested, one of the things the Google Update plugin is automate installers launched from the Google website.

eg, if you go to www.google.com/chrome and try to install Chrome, normally you'd be prompted to Run/Save the installer. But with the Google Update plugin, it auto-launches.

I guess the plugin is just to make updating/installing Google products more seamless, which I suppose is what the plugin's name implies.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Actually you can get rid of it, the Google updater for Chrome, Earth and other Google stuff is always running (Processes), don't have a clue why they see fit to mess with FF.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.