Citi Virtual Account Numbers not working

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
jsb

Citi Virtual Account Numbers not working

Post by jsb »

Citibank seems to have revamped their Virtual Account Numbers service. With the new code, Firefox and the VAN interface no longer cooperate. For example, if you launch the VAN service from Citi's web page (obviously, this requires a Citi credit card account), when you get the popup where you would log in, you cannot properly click on the username text box, or password, or the login button.

It seems that everything is mapped incorrectly, because if you play around long enough, I've found that if you click a bit above and to the left of where you want to click, you eventually hit your target. Can anyone else confirm this? Or at least confirm that it's not working properly?

Never had any problems before Citi made their changes, although I'm not sure if it's legitimately a Citi bug or a Firefox bug.

I called Citi's web support and they said they just rolled out this updated VAN interface, but they've had no complaints like mine. Of course, they don't test against Firefox. She said they test against the current release of Netscape though. Anyone have NS installed who can give it a test?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040830 Firefox/0.9.1+
jsb

Post by jsb »

It doesn't work in NS 7.2 either. Today, Citi's web support said they only support IE. I've filed tech evangelism bug 257531.