I want to Mute tabs

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
PresidentEden

I want to Mute tabs

Post by PresidentEden »

Could someone make an addon that adds a speaker button next to the red X in the tab bar. Pressing this button would mute that particular tab.
I dont know just a suggestion.
seybernetx

Re: I want to Mute tabs

Post by seybernetx »

I'm not sure how much (or even if) it will help, but I kind of agree something along those lines would be nice. At a minimum, a global "Volume" or "Mute" button would be handy.

On more than one occasion, I've opened two or three tabs, and all of a sudden one of them starts playng "Hey, Jude" or something similar. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes to find the tab with the running player. If two or three tabs all have their own song playing, confusion reigns.
line one
line two
line three
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
monkey912

Post by monkey912 »

PresidentEden wrote:Could someone make an addon that adds a speaker button next to the red X in the tab bar. Pressing this button would mute that particular tab.
I dont know just a suggestion.
I wanted this for youtube ( because if you open another in the background, you have to tab through all and hit pause/mute )

But I used the extension FlashBlock, and so all videos are 'muted' till I click them to enable them. ( I just tell it to load on other websites that I do want flash. )

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433
monkey
larrythelabrat

Post by larrythelabrat »

I'd also really like the ability to mute tabs directly. Occasionally there are flash based things (like games) that I want to interact with, but I don't want it to have access to the sound card because I'm also playing music.
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

larrythelabrat wrote:I'd also really like the ability to mute tabs directly. Occasionally there are flash based things (like games) that I want to interact with, but I don't want it to have access to the sound card because I'm also playing music.

The answer to your question has already been answered. Look at the link in my first post of this thread.

Locking this old thread. If you need further help start a new thread.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.