[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mrizzo

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.5.7.4 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Post by mrizzo »

I am seeing some very odd issues, running FF3.5.3 with gmail manager. I am currently trying to use 0.5.7.5b2 as the version avaiable through FF for download was not allowing me to login. This version is now logging me into my accounts when I select each one. I have 0.6b3 installed at my office running on FF3.5.3. On my work machine, running same os Windwos 7 ultimate on both, I am able to use 0.6b3 which allows all my gmail accounts to be on the toolbar, allowing me to see them all at once, and click on each one directly....Here is what is odd, I had 0.6b3 installed at home, same setup as the work pC which is working fine, and then no matter what I did at home, it would not accept my passwords for my gmail accounts. I eventually had to uninstall at home and go back to 0.5.7.5b2 in order to get any functionality working.....I am perplexed how the 0.6b3 can work great on one pC and not work on another one when they were both working a few days ago. I even tried to copy my profile from work, where it is working, to my home PC, and same issues on home, no accounts could login....Anyone have any ideas? Or know how I can each gmail account to appear on the toolbar on the bottom?
erikistired

Post by erikistired »

Flaxmoore wrote:Losing my mind a bit here. I can download the new v2 version, but it's a ZIP file and I can't find an executable. Can someone upload it as an xpi so I can get Firefox to read it?

when the save or run box comes up, just select run and choose firefox as the program to run it with. it will install as normal at that point.
llungster

Post by llungster »

Oh no, the login problems just started again - about 30 minutes from this posting. Prior to that it was working fine. The way the problem has come and gone and now come again, this is a Gmail problem and not a GMM problem. Whatever the Gmail folks are doing, I wish they'd stop!
fuzzyscorpio

Post by fuzzyscorpio »

Hmm. Earlier tonight I tried to install GMM in Flock, which I use occasionally; Firefox is my default. Didn't work right and I blamed Flock. Went back to Firefox, and now it isn't working in FF either (latest version--3.5.3--on a PPC Mac running OS 10.5.8). Shows zero unread in both accounts and won't open the account when I click the envelope. I uninstalled, reinstalled (via the tools menu), threw out various files from app support, blah. Suggestions anyone? Is this a new version that "stuck" globally when I installed it in Flock and now I can't get the old one back? Should I try downloading from longfocus.com?

Edit: Never mind... I read back a few pages and found this:

http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/r ... 0575b2.xpi

All better. Thanks, Todd!
Ventiman

Post by Ventiman »

Couple of hours ago 0.6b3 stopt loggin-in. Switched back to 0.575b2 wich is working fine on 5 normal Gmail-accounts, exept for the known problem of opening a new background tab when clicking the statusbarnotification.

Looking forward to the next 0.6 release incorporating the login-code from 0.575b2!

Thanks in advance Todd. You're doing good work! We all appreciate it.

FF3.5.3 on XPsp3 Dutch in the Netherlands
samad909

Post by samad909 »

Gmail Manager 0.5.7.4, the one on the mozilla site stopped working with google apps. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks for the great addon!
nickr.clear

Post by nickr.clear »

I had the same problem with auto log in on 3 gmail a/cs, I then installed 0.575b2 but this didn't fix it until I deleted and re-entered each a/c's details and it's working OK now in FF 3.5 on Win XP and also Mac OS X 10.4.11.
kitano

Post by kitano »

This probably has to do with the major phishing attack on gmail and hotmail recently...

Post by 8394147 »

Uh, is this gonna be fixed, please? The add-on isn't logging into any of my mail accounts. :?

I also want to point out I've used this extension for years and this is the first time I've had a problem with it. (I have had problems a couple times before, but those were Gmail's fault or my internet connection. This appears to only be the plugin... although Gmail was loading kinda slow for me lately. Sometimes it hangs and I have to switch to HTML view.)
taka_at_Sunflower

Post by taka_at_Sunflower »

The log-in problem with the latest official version seems to be solved with the following post and the beta version of Gmail Manager.

I also use an add-on for Google voice, which does not directly related with Gmail Manager, and a log-in problem also happens on the add-on.

So, I think Google has changed something on log-in system, I guess. I hope it'll be officially solved soon.

fuzzyscorpio wrote:Hmm. Earlier tonight I tried to install GMM in Flock, which I use occasionally; Firefox is my default. Didn't work right and I blamed Flock. Went back to Firefox, and now it isn't working in FF either (latest version--3.5.3--on a PPC Mac running OS 10.5.8). Shows zero unread in both accounts and won't open the account when I click the envelope. I uninstalled, reinstalled (via the tools menu), threw out various files from app support, blah. Suggestions anyone? Is this a new version that "stuck" globally when I installed it in Flock and now I can't get the old one back? Should I try downloading from longfocus.com?

Edit: Never mind... I read back a few pages and found this:

http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/r ... 0575b2.xpi

All better. Thanks, Todd!
OrangeCrate

Post by OrangeCrate »

tmlong wrote:I updated the code to fix the automatic login process. I'm still working on updating the 0.6 codebase which has been delayed somewhat with these login issues. Please check out this new version and let me know how it works for you. Once it looks like everyone is in working order I'll get it submitted to AMO which hopefully will get it approved sooner than later.

http://longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/releases/gmanager0575b2.xpi

- TL

Thanks Tim, it's working fine here.
brenayr

Post by brenayr »

This add-on worked for me for about a week. Now it doesnt check for mail and every time I click on one of my google accounts it takes me to a page to re-login. If I have one account open in one window, and log into another one in another window It also redirects the other page to the same account.

This is waht everybody is talking about right? Im not computer savvy at all sorry!
oilcanracer

Post by oilcanracer »

yup stopped working for me too a couple of days ago.

i downloaded the above file, but computer does not recognize file. does it need to be placed somewhere? how?
TEA-Time

Post by TEA-Time »

oilcanracer wrote:yup stopped working for me too a couple of days ago.

i downloaded the above file, but computer does not recognize file. does it need to be placed somewhere? how?

Just drag and drop the downloaded .xpi file into Firefox.
oilcanracer

Post by oilcanracer »

got it. thanks
Last edited by oilcanracer on October 6th, 2009, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.