[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yochaim

[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Post by yochaim »

DblClicker 1.3 for Firefox
Extension for Firefox 3.5.* (in sandbox)

Install/Download from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13902

This is a very light extension to open a new tab by double-clicking a link or bookmark (like middle-mouse-button)...

Features:
* Double-click to open link in new background tab.
* Double-click to open bookmark/history in new tab.
* Autohide bookmark/history after selection according to DblClicker menu item in Tools menu.
* Double-click tab to duplicate in new background tab.

Developer Comments:
** will work with bookmarkshistorypanel@alice (which i'm using), myFireFox theme.
for other bookmark implementations add click, dblclick listeners in CDblClicker.onLoad (overlay.js).
** use Click with CTRL, SHIFT or ALT for original click handling...
Last edited by yochaim on July 5th, 2014, 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ornorm

Re: [EXT] DblClicker 1.3 for Firefox

Post by Ornorm »

Hello Yochaym,

I tried again and it seems that the problem only occurs on the page of the RSS "Brief" add-on. Indeed, when clickin on the title of a new RSS feed, two tabs of the same tab are opened instantly. So, I don't know if the problem comes from Brief's add-on or if it comes from DblClicker.
At the moment, I didn't encounter the same problem on usual websites (of course, now, I try to find websites where clickin on a link opens a new tab automatically but I just found a few). I'll keep an eye on this and I'll keep you posted.
In any case, the first comment I've left on Mozilla's website stays unchanged. I really like your add-on. It changed the way I surf on internet. Thank you very much for this. =D>

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ornorm
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hello Ornorm
Thanks for the info,
i've checked it and the problem is due to Brief page being nested browser (chrome://brief/content/brief.xul)
i'm testing new ver (1.3.2) that should fix this issue (at least prevent the misbehavior on Brief and other xul), it is available from http://rapidshare.com/files/282891364/DblClicker.xpi if you want to check it out (just drag the file to the add-on manager for install)...

thanks
yochay
Ornorm

Post by Ornorm »

Wow! Amazing! Thank you so much Yochay. It works fine! What a fantastic and fast fix! I'm really happy with this. Again, thanks for this.
Have a wonderful day!
Ornorm
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Uploaded new version 1.4 that should be more generic and compatible with other extensions. It is in sandbox pending review, but is accessible through https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/13902 link or by https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/65717/dblclicker-1.4-fx.xpi?confirmed

1.4 Compatible with:
Modified Bookmark/History views (like myFirefox/Vista-aero themes), and browsing B/H in tab (chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul).
Links in nested browsers (like Brief add-on) and sidebar (AiOS HTML page).

Any feedback would be much appreciated…
CArrL

Post by CArrL »

It is no use to have a new copy of the tab when double clicking an old one, for sure. It is more usefull to close a tab when double clicking on it! This is importtant - please implement it! Or at least make a menu option where we can toggle a function, i.e. closing/copy current tab when double clicked. Why is it essential? Because double clicking reproduce the same thing as clicking the mouse wheel. But, when you click the mouse wheel on a tab it closes the tab. Om my portable I don´t have a mouse available. Therefore I love the way this extension works by opening a new tab when double clicking a link, but I miss the possibility to close a tab by double clicking it. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would want this function since it would then be totally complete without a mouse for us who use a laptop without a mouse while we travel. Me and many others are looking forward to a new version were this function is implemented. PLEASE somehow make this option available!!
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi CArrL,
I’m trying to combine your request with the fact that other users want something else for their tab double-click (reload, duplicate, close…). Also I don’t want this extension to be about tab clicking (plenty other extensions for that). As a touch-pad user myself, I wanted to understand why don’t you like the X on the tab for closing?
My current solution is to add Option to disable tab double-click so you for example could use “Close Tab by Double Click ” extension to achieve what you want. This way would ensure conflicts could be avoided…
Please let me know what you think…
Meanwhile i uploaded a temp version that close tab on double-click so you could have it your way until I will implement an agreeable solution... it is available from http://rapidshare.com/files/291328481/DblClicker140.xpi (just drag the file to the add-on manager for install).

thanks
yochay
CArrL

Post by CArrL »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now this version works (for me) just as I wanted it. With a mouse wheel you can click on a tab and it closes it. That's what I wanted with double clicking on a tab. Now this program makes my laptop without a mouse work perfect when I'm travelling fon instance. Many many thanks. Please do think about implementing this in the future when the extension is uppgraded. Personally I have a hard time understanding why it should be usefull duplicating a tab when double clicking on it when it really is supposed to close it. Thanks to you I now have what I wanted. THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!!!! Olease implement it in the future so I wont stand alone when you do bug fixes etc. AGAIN - THANKS A LOT!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
CArrL

Post by CArrL »

I cannot stop saying thank you. This was important for me since I have a laptop travelling a lot without a mouse. Wanted the exact thing with double click as with a click of the scrolling wheel. Imust thank you again and again... thanks for helping me out.
One question. Is the version you posted limited in time or any other matter?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Hi CArrL,
that was simple since on your version i just changed the tab double-click behavior. the problem is i don't want this for all users so future upgrades will override it.
My intention is to allow users to be able to change tab double-click with other extensions...
I'm still interested in your answer to the 2 questions i posted:
1) why don’t you like the X on the tab for closing?
2) if you could disable tab double-click (in DblClicker) and use other extension like “Close Tab by Double Click” to achieve what you want. would that be OK?

thanks
yochay
CArrL

Post by CArrL »

Hello,

1) I don't like the X on the tab to close it because it is small and I use a touchpad om my laptop. Being able to double click the tab itselfs is much better/faster than finding that tiny X.

2) Yes that "could" do but I prefer the way it is now with one simple extension...just so I wont have to use many of them.... want no conflicts. To sum up: the version you gave me is great. I love it!

Being without a mouse for my laptop is hard, therefore your application solved my problem. Same functions with my touchpad as with a mouse wheel click. Great.

I prefer if you keep it as it was now i.e. double clicking closes tab. Simple and neat, It's the best.

I do not understand what the use is for duolicating a tab. O see no use with itm sorry. Getting a new tab i simple = ctrl + T couldn't be easier! I must ask you to concider this being the one for the future uppgrades!!! Se it as an extension that totaly reproduces the special functions with a mouse.
CArrL

Post by CArrL »

Hello again,

Well, a solution (if you don't like the reasons for why this i so important for me) could be an option to toggle between 1) duplicating the tab when dubble clicked and 2) closing the tab when double clicking it. That way we would all be happy and no need for an extra extension to be installed (I want my system neat and clean with as little programs as possible since I use my laptop at work while doing a lot of travelling). Would that be possible? I know that some people prefer having it duplicate the tab, but I also know a lot of people want to close the tab by double clicking anywhere on it (because it's so simple and neat).
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

yup, seems there's no way around this..., will have new version soon.
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

Uploaded new version 1.4.1 with Options panel. It is in sandbox pending review, but is accessible through https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/13902 link or by https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ?confirmed

1.4.1 Adds Options panel and new configurations:
tab double-click options include closing tab, disabling (to avoid conflicts when using other tab extensions) and the default duplicate tab. also added the FF preferences that control new tab focus, for easy access.

Any feedback would be much appreciated…
Last edited by yochaim on February 14th, 2010, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CArrL

Post by CArrL »

What can I say? This is very very good! =D>

You did it - THANKS!