New GetRight feature should be good with DownloadWith

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
InvisiBill

New GetRight feature should be good with DownloadWith

Post by InvisiBill »

http://www.getright.com/beta52.html

Added tiny ToGetRight.exe program that just passes a URL on the command line to GetRight. It is much faster than doing the same by running GetRight.exe. Created epecially for the "Pass web address directly to application" option in Opera, and would be good used with the Mozilla/Firefox DownloadWith extension too.)

I've changed my DownloadWith options to point at ToGetRight.exe instead of GetRight.exe, and can confirm that it's much faster, almost instant.
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

Much faster indeed. I've been very impressed with how accomodating Headlight Software has been in general. They even link to DownloadWith from their Addons page (http://www.getright.com/opera.html). To anyone interested in using this, it's only in Getright 5.2 beta 1 so far (see InvisiBill's link) and everything's the same as the original Getright preset except for the executable name:

Identification: Getright
Label: Getright
Command: C:\Program Files\GetRight\togetright.exe
Arguments: [URL]

Thanks for reporting this InvisiBill, I'll make sure I tell gbitten about this too, so he can add a new preset for it.
shinji

Post by shinji »

I sorta mentioned this in the feedback for DownloadWith. Didn't remember that it was a 5.2 beta 1 specific.

BTW. There is a tools addon for Getright now that has a much smaller utility for adding downloads to it. Check the homepage for more information. They say it is much quicker.
Akebinko

Post by Akebinko »

Hello!

I'm about to test DownloadWith with the new GetRight beta. It's nice to have the downloadable sample configuration, but will it discern the difference between foreign Windows versions and (US) english? In particular, German Win2k needs the extension to point the extension to
C:\Programme\GetRight\togetright.exe
rather than
C:\Program Files\GetRight\togetright.exe

I will of course edit this if necessary, but most average users will despair at this point (OTOH, these users would never get as far as this anyway). Just pointing this out in case it can be dealt with automatically. Maybe using some system variable is better than hardcoding the path.

Regards,
Akebinko
RMerlin

Post by RMerlin »

Akebinko wrote:Hello!

I'm about to test DownloadWith with the new GetRight beta. It's nice to have the downloadable sample configuration, but will it discern the difference between foreign Windows versions and (US) english? In particular, German Win2k needs the extension to point the extension to
C:\Programme\GetRight\togetright.exe
rather than
C:\Program Files\GetRight\togetright.exe

I will of course edit this if necessary, but most average users will despair at this point (OTOH, these users would never get as far as this anyway). Just pointing this out in case it can be dealt with automatically. Maybe using some system variable is better than hardcoding the path.

Regards,
Akebinko

Not sure if it works witn old Win9x OSes, but Win2K and XP have an env var pointing to the application dir. So I think one could use:

%programfiles%\GetRight\togetright.exe

And then, that's assuming you installed GetRight in its default location :)
vela

downloadwith / Mozilla FireFox / getright

Post by vela »

what to do, when the getright is in diferent location
dee-vee

Post by dee-vee »

Wonder when will the DownloadWith exstension work with 1.0PR? I just got the new getright.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Check here http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=203 for a repackaged version that works with 1.0PR.

Mossop
The RedBurn

Post by The RedBurn »

Why not just use the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Headlight\GetRight] "InstallDir" ?