Make Link 2.0

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Got 2.0. Installed fine, seems OK though I haven't had occasion to use it yet.

Wait, here's a trial:

Make Link 2.0
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Could you share your UA?
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

I'm having trouble with ML2.0. I was trying to edit the existing Plain Text option, as well as create a new preference (Forum Prompted). The edit to Plain Text worked fine, but then I started to create a new option and attempted to print the Help screen, Firefox crashed. I now have the new Forum Prompted option visible when I view the Options window, but when I right click, I only see the original list of options, doubled:

My edits for Plain Text work for both of the Plain Text menu options. I couldn't find the changes in about:config to undo this. I haven't cleaned my profile yet, but I can.

I have a bunch of extensions.
Add Bookmark Here 0.5
BBCode 0.3.2
BlankLast 0.4
BugMeNot 0.6
Duplicate Tab 0.2
Extension manager tweak 0.2
Linky 2.1.0
Make Link 2.0
miniT 20040615
Nuke Anything 0.2
Show Image 0.2.1
SpellBound 0.6.0
Tabbrowser Preferences 0.6.8
undoclosetab 20040910
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

I had to uninstall the plugin and reinstall to get the list corrected and not duped.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Installed fine. RFE: Ability to change the order of the Make Link menu items.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

mrtech wrote:I had to uninstall the plugin and reinstall to get the list corrected and not duped.

Thanks, that cleaned it up for me as well.

It appears that you have to restart Firefox to have a New item be added to the context menu; I didn't see that in the Help file.
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Um... I know I asked this before but could anyone provide UAs?

On a clean install of Moox's 20040916 build (fresh profile: Mozilla directory under Application Data physically moved away to force Firefox into acting as if it were installed new), I can't get it to store or retrieve settings. I get the Make Link submenu but all that's there is a seperator and 'Configure'. It's not like I haven't tried to solve this, I even tried a fresh build and then installing 1.2 followed by 2.0 just in case the previous version was required.

This really looks wonderful and I'd like to use it and recommend it along to a community I frequent as the URL system there is weird and this looks to be just the ticket but as of now, I can't get it to do a thing. Can anyone confirm that it fails with post-PR builds or perhaps just Moox's builds?
tvh2k

Post by tvh2k »

Rory:

Thanks so much for keeping this extension alive. For those of you who don't know this extension started last February from <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=52805&highlight=">this thread</a>, and the work of finuvir (Rory) and Cusser. I'm glad to see that others have found a need for the extension, keep up the good work!

--Terry
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

Cusser wrote:Installed fine. RFE: Ability to change the order of the Make Link menu items.

Drag-n-Drop functionality? Couldn't we steal some code from the Bookmark/Favorites menu? ;)
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

BUG:

Upon disabling and enabling BBCode [latest version], this happened:
*Converted to link for bandwith conservation*
http://home.ripway.com/2004-5/120664/bb.jpg
BBCode's *Quote Selection erroneously replaces Paste command item on the context menu AND oddly positions the submenus at the bottom of the context menu.
*It is completely removed from the BBCode menu.

Noticed this after installing Make Link 2.0 or rather uninstalling it. The whole process is difficult to describe to how it alluded to these events. But somehow either these two extensions are conflicting or somehow taking up the same "spot", if you will, somewhere in the context menu code....? It is causing the context menu to break for me: Bug 255571 - Right-click context menu cut off/disappearing by exceeding screen resolution?. Though I marked it fixed, I can not use BBCode or Make Link side-by-side without the resulting errors [refer to screenshot above] and bug. :(

Have tried disabling/uninstalling/reinstalling both extensions to allevate problem. Currently using BBCode English only localization to see if that made any change - Nope. Refer to sig for browser version. Yes, it's that old.

Have posted similar message in BBCode thread as well.
Last edited by oldtimer on September 25th, 2004, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I am getting a similar "bug" with the Context Highlight extension.

The name of one points to the properties of the other. Since this worked in past versions, I am assuming it is a Firefox bug, starting around maybe Wednesday Sept 22 or so.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

sasquatch wrote:I am getting a similar "bug" with the Context Highlight extension.

The name of one points to the properties of the other. Since this worked in past versions, I am assuming it is a Firefox bug, starting around maybe Wednesday Sept 22 or so.

I really doubt it since I have an 8/26 build and still am well experiencing the problem. Check my sig. ;)

Glad to know I'm not alone. :)

To be more specific, the problem has been reoccuring as of an 8/12 build maybe earlier just undiscovered. Check my bug page to see.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

OK, maybe it is a regression which went away for a period after 8/26 and started again recently. That said, I only have been using this maybe a month.

I didn't see these crashes with older versions (8/26?) with these installed.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

sasquatch wrote:I didn't see these crashes with older versions (8/26?) with these installed.

Crashes?! Sorry to be picky. It was most likely a slip of the tongue. ;)

Betting you guys aren't having too much fun with the currently nightlies, eh? :p

Why do think I stayed so far behind? :D

That, and well why not wait until a majority of the bug fixes are installed? If at some point I become curious [and I have! :D] I'll at least wait till they correct the autocomplete list not deleting [AGAIN?! What the hell did they do to break it again? :( Tisk, tisk.] and resolve the recent buggy, crashy behavior of FF for no apparent reason. Until those two are fixed, I'll be waiting til mid-October. Would be very hard for me, but patience is a virtue and I think I'll be much more satisfied and less bothered with a 250 bug [maybe more at the rate things are being corrected!] corrected release rather than a measely 97+ [Branch] release.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Showoff! ;-)