1.0PR- How to upgrade, frequently encountered issues and FAQ

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Filipp0s

1.0PR- How to upgrade, frequently encountered issues and FAQ

Post by Filipp0s »

Version 1.0 Public Release is out. You can get it here. Retry after a minute if the link doesn't work.

How to upgrade to 1.0PR:
a. Get the latest version here.
b. Uninstall Firefox.
c. Install 1.0PR
You can keep your profile; if you want to make a clean install, don't forget to back up first.

Go for 1.0PR?
In short: Yes, but you might want to wait some days until your extensions are updated to work with this version; a list of extensions can be found here. [Discussion].
Last edited by Filipp0s on September 15th, 2004, 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Filipp0s

Post by Filipp0s »

Where can I find extensions compatible with 1.0PR?
Mozilla.org/extensions

Where can I find themes compatible with 1.0PR?
Mozilla.org/themes

What's new in 1.0PR?

Preview Release(PR) vs Release Candidate(rc)
Version 0.10 or 1.0?

What happened with Find-As-You-Type?
Tools | Options | Advanced |Accessibility | Find as you type

Yellow Address Bar?
This is new to 1.0PR and means you are on a secure (https) site. [more]

Changing the width of the search bar in 1.0PR

How can I halt the yellow bar from showing up every time an additional plug-in is needed?
about:config -> plugin.default_plugin_disabled change value to false
Last edited by Filipp0s on September 17th, 2004, 1:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
rmjb

Post by rmjb »

One issue encountered, I had to delete my profile for 1.0PR to run properly. I had 4 tabs set as my home page and I uninstalled all my extensions and additional themes before uninstalling 0.9.3 and installing 1.0PR. When I ran 1.0PR for the first time I got no tabs, my bookmarks bar was empty and the page was blank, but the title was there. Instead of trouble shooting all around I just deleted my Firefox folder in Application Date\Mozilla and ran over 1.0PR to build a new profile and that worked.

I'm now re-adding all my bookmarks and the like.

- rmjb
milchschnitte

Post by milchschnitte »

figmentPez

Post by figmentPez »

Filipp0s wrote:What happened with Find-As-You-Type?
Tools | Options | Advanced |Accessibility | Find as you type

But what happened to Find as you type | to search links only ? I installed PR to my work computer and it's not there, with no way to enable it, not even changing the setting in about:config changes it. I'm not about to leave 0.9.3 behind at home if I have to leave behind finding just links by typing as well. Even if there are some great new features and bug fixes.
soccer4ever

Post by soccer4ever »

Bump :)
2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany (June 9 to July 9, 2006)
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/
milchschnitte

Post by milchschnitte »

GimmeSomeLuv

Post by GimmeSomeLuv »

How can I halt the ocher bar from showing up every time I dont have a plugin? I do not need it, i do not want to install it and and it annoys me.
mikhan

Post by mikhan »

If some plugins don't want to install in 1.0PR telling that they are for 0.9 and below only, and their authors are not fast enough to update their masterpieces, download such a plugin, open xpi file and edit install.rdf file. Find string with maxversion and change it from 0.9 to 0.10. This trick really works for 'sortbookmarks', 'add bookmark here', 'single window' and 'download with' perfectly. I didn't try it with other ones, those are enough for me.