MozillaZine

1.0PR -- Multiple Login/Password BUG

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Grod

Post Posted September 15th, 2004, 11:17 pm

There are many sites for which I have multiple login/password combinations (multiple accounts). In all prior versions of Firefox I was able to place the cursor in the login field and <strong>press the down arrow</strong> to <strong>scroll</strong> through the list of saved usernames. Once I had the proper username selected hitting tab would move focus to the password field which the password manager graciously populated for me. <strong>NOT ANYMORE!</strong>

IF I type in the proper username and hit tab the password field is populated. BUT the dropdown does not work AT ALL. This is especially problamatic for accounts where I was unable to pick the username and am things like "rqasdf23" (typing 'rq' <em>does <strong>not</strong> trigger the autocomplete</em> the way it used to).

In a vain attempt to fix this I removed ever vestige of Firefox and did a clean install. No dice. Please, tell me how I can fix this, it is driving me <strong>mad.</strong>

meep

Post Posted September 16th, 2004, 2:15 am

The dropdown thing is working for me, either by pressing down once the cursor is in the box, or by double-clicking the box... Autocomplete is also working for me.

I just created a duplicate account here on these forums to test, and the behavior is as expected.

I know it's a longshot, but you wouldn't happen to have any old <i>phoenix</i> profiles or folders hanging aroung, yah?

Grod

Post Posted September 16th, 2004, 5:53 pm

Phoenix profiles, no.

Grod

Post Posted September 16th, 2004, 7:11 pm

<big>The solution</big>
(and I don't know why because I didn't disable this during the upgrade nor change any of the default settings after the clean install)

open a blank tab and type <code>about:config</code> in the filter box type: <code>browser.formfill.enable</code> and hit enter/return. set the value to "true". Voila.

Axord

Post Posted September 16th, 2004, 8:57 pm

That's very strange that your install got buggered like that. But, it's good that you found your way out of the mess.

Grod

Post Posted September 17th, 2004, 9:58 am

Yeah, the only problem is that enabling formfill means everything I type into forms is remembered until I clear it. In all earlier versions of Firefox I had <code>Options>Privacy>Saved Form Information</code> unchecked but was still able to drop down and autocomplete login/password fields. Personally I'd rather random form info not be remembered, but I guess this is the only way to do it right now.

Gravy1

Post Posted September 21st, 2004, 8:18 am

Hi Grod,

I had the same problem after upgrading to Firefox 1.0PR. Thanks for the formfill tip.

Grod wrote:Yeah, the only problem is that enabling formfill means everything I type into forms is remembered until I clear it. In all earlier versions of Firefox I had <code>Options>Privacy>Saved Form Information</code> unchecked but was still able to drop down and autocomplete login/password fields. Personally I'd rather random form info not be remembered, but I guess this is the only way to do it right now.

I agree. I wish they could change this back to the way it was in 0.9.3.

Rob

Post Posted January 17th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Thanks Grod. Works great for Firefox 1.0 on the Mac.

James

Return to Firefox Support